PDA

View Full Version : M3 e46

dlm
27th December, 2017, 07:46 PM
Hello, I have a m3 bmw e36 converted to mss54 with immoof, I want to install carbon intake and replace MAF with a MAP, I will not use fin engine in the intake, so I do not need to convert my mss54 into mss54HP?
The ecu is mss54 5WK9321 7833892
HW 7835584 SW 1701
Would my ecu accept CSL software?
a greeting

filecloud
27th December, 2017, 09:03 PM
No
MSS54HP from CSL has totally differrent board inside of ecu

dlm
28th December, 2017, 12:08 AM
Thanks for answering, mss54HP has an H bridge for the motor that is inside the carbon intake, it also has some tantalum capacitors and other resistors, I have pictures of the mss54HP CSL board, my question is if I can load the CSL file directly 64kb in my dme, or on the contrary I need to modify in the file the boot loader, a greeting

filecloud
28th December, 2017, 08:19 AM
Hello
Let me clearify. The MSS54 is differrent to the MSS54HP and the normal MSS54HP is different to the MSS54HP_CSL. It will not work even with full files swap. Compare the boards and you will see. different parts on several positions.

dlm
28th December, 2017, 06:49 PM
Hello
Let me clearify. The MSS54 is differrent to the MSS54HP and the normal MSS54HP is different to the MSS54HP_CSL. It will not work even with full files swap. Compare the boards and you will see. different parts on several positions.

Thanks for the clarification, in a forum of m3 they speak on the subject and they say that it works, besides verified, then the only solution is to buy an ecu mss54HP CSL? 😔
m3forum/showthread.php?t=469123&page=2

filecloud
28th December, 2017, 07:28 PM
Well
Go ask yourself: Why would BMW build a differrent ecu for these handfull of cars if it worked with a standard ecu the same way?
I will not dig into other forums but what i have seen in my live is 99% poor made alpha/n conversions with cheap aftermarket copies of the csl intake. They wobble around, are far from beeing stiff and make the car behave like a crazy kangaroo in low revs. The alpha/n may work fine on the racetrack on warm weather but they never work in city drive with cold temperatures. You loose much low and mid rev torque to gain some 20hp on top.
The ORIGINAL CSL alpha/p setup needs the original CSL intake for the pressure sensor to read properly. Almost noone will invest these thousands of euros only for the intake. Compare it side by side with an aftermarket and you know why it costs so much. Besides that you can order them only by VIN from original car. And then check the board differences. Parts for the pressure sensure are there in addition and parts for the maf are missing obviously. And if the parts were the same then why not simply pin the pressure sensure to the maf pins and use these A/D devices?
I tuned several original CSL and they run absolutely smooth, cold and warm, and they pull like on a rubber band. Good torque and more hp on top.
If the guys on the forum say it is possible another way let them teach you through. Please report here your experiences.
Regards

dlm
28th December, 2017, 08:15 PM
It is true that it is a forum of people with m3 utilities, my car is a m3 e36 converted to ss54, body e36 with engine m3 e46 with dme mss54 and manual gearbox to crabots, it is a rally car, I bought intake manifold carbon m3 csl, up here all easy, the problem comes now with the electronics, I see that you know a lot about the subject and my question is that you recommend me to do, thanks and regards

dlm
28th December, 2017, 08:32 PM
although in that forum they say that it works I think that a m3 noCSL engine can not go quite well with a csl software, the camshafts are not the same as those of the m3 CSL engine

filecloud
28th December, 2017, 09:56 PM
Hello
Of course the cams are different. The airbox provides the air, the cams put it inside. And the inbox will have no RAM effect without the tube in the front bumper and so on. So go and buy them. You will need much more parts anyway.
Here we made a csl conversion to a e36 compact once. But we had a full e46 csl as donor. Everything went over. Engine, gearbox, rear axle, brakes, abs, dash, immo, wheels. Everything! If you can, do the same. No problem with immo, no problem with proper speed signal from abs, no problem with drive ratio from rear axle, no problem with wiring harness, no problem with soft limp mode because of missing maf/map signal for torque calculation and so on.
Do not forget that the csl was only available with smg! Recoding it to manual will give a lot of trouble and keep the ecu in permanent limp mode. It has no maps for manual mode inside.
Do it like that or follow the guys on the M3 forum. Find someone that has done exactly the same before and let him take your hand.
I cannot guide you through anything in between, sorry.
Decide wisely. The CSL only has 5Nm and 17hp more. The rest is show.