PDA

View Full Version : Advice on what DPF EGR DTC software to buy?

88diablo
28th December, 2017, 07:39 PM
Hi all, could some people give me some advice on software to buy for DPF EGR and DTC deleting please. My position is that I have been remapping for about 6 years but with slaved kess and ktag. A few months ago when I was needing to upgrade software I decided as 3/4 of the work I do are DPF EGR DTC deletes and not power tuning then I may aswell buy a master and some software for this purpose. I bought a magpro2 and I will still pay for performance tuned files as I would rather pay for these at present and maybe pay for some training in the near future.

So I have found 3 companies - MTX ASC and swiftec...... Ive kind of ruled Swiftec out due to the price and the fact that I dont want tuning software just deleting software, also I see on here often people saying Swiftec soloution didnt work. I have downloaded the hacked ASC ADS software from here to evaluate and Ive had mixed results. Id like to know if this is a bad hack that causes problems or if the original software is hit and miss too. Also if I bought the original of either ASC or MTX and a soloution didnt work then do they offer good support and problem solving or would I still be left coming here to DK for help to sort things?

Any advice from paid users of these companies would be appreciated and also any suggestions of better alternative software I could buy instead would also interest me. Thanks

Digital Under
28th December, 2017, 07:51 PM
i think, ....best way - personal manual solution

maajkii
28th December, 2017, 07:54 PM
i think, ....best way - personal manual solution

Winols + swiftec - you can do all :)
Ess is good too

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

88diablo
28th December, 2017, 07:57 PM
Yes of course Digital Under if you know what you are doing on every car. A few people maybe do but I dont, I'm not wanting to be begger I always pay for proper tools and good software, I want to buy good software though not cr&p. Thanks for your help though in telling me to go away and practice without any guidance, hope to see your car soon.

88diablo
28th December, 2017, 08:03 PM
Thanks majjkii for helpfull advice, are you saying that Swiftec does cover most soloutions then and that maybe the only reason I often see quotes of Swiftec soloution didnt work is because the majority of people are using Swiftec and so the majority of problems will be commented about it? Also you say Winols and Swiftec, would I still need Winols if I bought Swiftec as I'm not looking to do tuning myself but just deletes?

maajkii
28th December, 2017, 10:59 PM
bro, swiftec isnt perfect, but its make great job, im shure its best software...

voltechcar
28th December, 2017, 11:08 PM
swiftec have good solution to dtc & egr, but dpf works maybe 60%

88diablo
28th December, 2017, 11:15 PM
Does Swiftec give help if their immediate soloution doesn’t work?

maajkii
28th December, 2017, 11:17 PM
support...
but in 5times, they help me only twice.

johak
28th December, 2017, 11:18 PM
Winols + swiftec - you can do all :)
Ess is good too

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

maajkii is right
but I think the best learn winols and use it

voltechcar
28th December, 2017, 11:27 PM
support and swiftec ??? ha ha ha ha ha, this is joke......

88diablo
28th December, 2017, 11:33 PM
maajkii is right
but I think the best learn winols and use it
I get I need to learn but how, I’m sure after I’ve used some tried soloution a couple of times on certain Car then on a new Car with the same ecu I will be able to do the same changes but I’ve been a slave owner for 6 years so I’m starting fresh really. Can you recommend any worthwhile courses to learn?

johak
28th December, 2017, 11:34 PM
support and swiftec ??? ha ha ha ha ha, this is joke......
is this for me?

johak
28th December, 2017, 11:45 PM
Can you recommend any worthwhile courses to learn?

Unfortunately I can not recommend

88diablo
28th December, 2017, 11:49 PM
People say to learn winols but does winols have anything to identity dpf egr dtc etc or is it just a case of buy winols and learn myself where to edit data?

johak
29th December, 2017, 12:00 AM
People say to learn winols but does winols have anything to identity dpf egr dtc etc or is it just a case of buy winols and learn myself where to edit data?

yes, you need to learn how to edit the data
use other files and damos

88diablo
29th December, 2017, 12:11 AM
So by buying Swiftec I would have immediate soloution to a good percentage of cars and then I should use winols to see what data is changed and use on other ECUs to try and learn?

johak
29th December, 2017, 12:39 AM
no, you will buy many manual solutions (at the price of Swiftec) from which you will learn

88diablo
29th December, 2017, 12:57 AM
So winols sell individual soloutions?

lui93
29th December, 2017, 01:01 AM
Swiftec The best!

johak
29th December, 2017, 01:31 AM
no, you have to use file services
there are many people who can do it

johak
29th December, 2017, 01:42 AM
Swiftec The best!

for people who want development only winols

88diablo
29th December, 2017, 01:51 AM
no, you have to use file services
there are many people who can do it
Ive been slaved for years and now looking back at all the problems I’ve been given and all the times it’s taken numerous files to sort my problems I feel like I have been a guinea pig for my file provida. Now I have master equipment you think I should still buy files but also buy winols to learn what they do to my paid for files?

johak
29th December, 2017, 02:34 AM
if you buy dpf egr dtc software you remain a slave for always, I think so
money is yours and you decide where to invest

please consider all suggestions before taking your resolved!

please do not press the Thanks Button