PDA

View Full Version : KESSv2 Checksum info help.

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 05:40 PM
Hi all, could someone explain checksums please. I see Alientech state Kess corrects checksums but when I got a file from someone that told me to check checksum I presumed kess did so wrote file but Car did not start. I wrote original and all was good. Someone then corrected the checksum and I wrote again and all was good with new file. So should kess correct it or not?

maajkii
30th December, 2017, 05:55 PM
kess correct this but not for all ecu...
for bmw edc16c31 for example, kess make it wrong...

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 05:58 PM
This was a land rover discovery 2700tdi v6 I think SID203, is there a list of know problem protocols I should avoid using it on without checksum correction software?

will4u69
30th December, 2017, 06:08 PM
This was a land rover discovery 2700tdi v6 I think SID203, is there a list of know problem protocols I should avoid using it on without checksum correction software?Normally corrects these fine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 06:12 PM
Where maajkii says certain cars don’t correct properly like bmw EDC16C31 then what happens - If I alter file and trust kess it does it wrong, so if I get it corrected manually how do I stop kess trying to correct it wrongly again, have I missed an option to choose if kess does the checksum for me or not?

voltechcar
30th December, 2017, 06:28 PM
what Kess? I have genuine Kess and correct edc16c31 to any problem, I do this ecu several times

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 06:32 PM
I have genuine kess slave that I’ve swapped nxp to 5.017 on v2.23. It reads and wright’s fine on a few cars I’ve tested it on with no file change but when I write egr off file to the discovery Car wouldn’t start but was fine after I wrote original file. Is there some option in the control panel to turn on and off the checksum correcting function?

will4u69
30th December, 2017, 06:35 PM
I have genuine kess slave that I’ve swapped nxp to 5.017 on v2.23. It reads and wright’s fine on a few cars I’ve tested it on with no file change but when I write egr off file to the discovery Car wouldn’t start but was fine after I wrote original file. Is there some option in the control panel to turn on and off the checksum correcting function?Update kess to latest software to fix checksum problems.

voltechcar
30th December, 2017, 06:37 PM
no kess not have this option, you have problem to software, I have software 2.43 and he wite and correct crc ok. So You have genuine, because you swapped good tool to bad tool?

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 06:38 PM
Update kess to latest software to fix checksum problems.

You realise I’m running cloned chip? Are you saying it’s ok to upgrade still?

will4u69
30th December, 2017, 06:59 PM
You realise I’m running cloned chip? Are you saying it’s ok to upgrade still?No you need an original kess online

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 07:06 PM
So your saying all cloned kess don’t do checksum or your saying don’t do it correctly? Surly this is old Car and original kess would not need to be online to write this car.

will4u69
30th December, 2017, 07:07 PM
So your saying all cloned kess don’t do checksum or your saying don’t do it correctly? Surly this is old Car and original kess would not need to be online to write this car.Updates fix these issues !

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 07:09 PM
This car is now 8 years old though and the software I’m running is only a few months old so your saying it wasn’t fixed for 7 years but in the last few months they decided to fix it? But online only?

will4u69
30th December, 2017, 07:10 PM
This car is now 8 years old though and the software I’m running is only a few months old so your saying it wasn’t fixed for 7 years but in the last few months they decided to fix it? But online only?No

voltechcar
30th December, 2017, 07:10 PM
check new update in Alientech, In January Bmw F serie by obd, new Sid208 211 by obd, pcr by obd, EDC17 by obd, edc17c74 by obd - Magic have big support Vag but edc17cc74 not work by obd, you have support, not work you write and they fix. Clone? when dont work you must use next tool or dont do job..... In 2018y clone not work 30% car.....

will4u69
30th December, 2017, 07:12 PM
check new update in Alientech, In January Bmw F serie by obd, new Sid208 211 by obd, pcr by obd, you have support, not work you write and they fix. Clone? when dont work you must use next tool or dont do job..... In 2018y clone not work 30% car.....Exactly
Thank you

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 07:21 PM
Yes I understand you need good tools with support and that’s why I bought magic master for all new cars and it does checksum and I get support. However what should I do with my 2 year out of date kess and ktag that are slaved to someone I don’t want to use anymore but magic doesn’t cover a lot of older protocols? I decided to change nxp on them as hardware is good and use for older cars only with clone software. I realise I get no support from Alientech but as a slave I got no help from my master anyway and that’s why I come to this forum asking about things. I wonder how many saying get proper gear not clone have never had anything not 100% legit�������� I’ve had plenty clone stuff to play with but often bought the genuine stuff after trying the clone and liking it.

voltechcar
30th December, 2017, 07:31 PM
Magic have only new cars but he have common cars. Old cars not have, maybe when he change box to flex than have old but 1 year ago they speak this news and for now you have magic. Its good device but what when you destroy ecu when you programing and ecu not boot by obd? You not up this ecu. So you must next tool, for me only Magic its enought. Me friends who have Magic 80% have orginal K-tag and 40% kave Kess

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 07:47 PM
Ok I see you need more than one tool but these are all I have for now.

Back to to my previous questions though - In general a clone kess should do checksum correction yes?

If you know on a certain ecu it does it wrong then how do you stop it trying to correct it?

voltechcar
30th December, 2017, 07:50 PM
Kess dont have option to correct crc. You kess clone have bug with software, if you need good solution must update kess or buy orginal.

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 07:53 PM
But as my kess reads and Wright’s ok I can just ask for anyfiles I get to be checksum corrected before I write them yes?

voltechcar
30th December, 2017, 08:28 PM
I have one idea. Calc crc winols and write this file to option recovery, maybe than not calc crc

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 08:35 PM
I will try that next time.

Can an anyone tell me how it worked before though when I was given file without checksum Car wouldn’t start but then when someone corrected checksum for me all was ok but I was never told to write in recovery mode I just wrote as normal. Why did kess not mess up the checksum that time?

Iffy2008
30th December, 2017, 11:39 PM
Well mostly all clones do the checksum automatically when you rewrite the file back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88diablo
30th December, 2017, 11:46 PM
With original kess and ktag then let’s assume they at least aim to correct all checksums when writing themselves. Why does ecm titanium which is designed to work around kess and ktag sell a base package and then have a checksum add on which around £1000 extra? If kess and ktag are supposed to do this automatically why do that offer the extra checksum package? Really trying to get my head round checksums but struggling ��

sdtsedat
31st December, 2017, 12:42 AM
Fgtech will do good over Edc16c31 bmw with checksum. I do over 60cars also edc15 16 and 17 over OBD2. No checksum problem.
I don't dare to flash it with kess v2, For Volkswagen audi seat skoda (VAG) is kess v2 a SUPER tool! Also chinese or eu clone.

Works very good.
In some case you may be switch your tool for some cars. Don't use kess for Bmw

88diablo
31st December, 2017, 12:48 AM
I’m not struggling with bmw I have tools that will do fine, I’m really just trying to understand the checksum questions in general.

Why does ecu titanium sell at not small cost an extra checksum package if kess and ktag handle checksums already? I’m sure I’m missing something simple and obvious but I’d really appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction please.