PDA

View Full Version : eurovox setup problems!

danb07
14th August, 2008, 08:30 PM
hi guys girls... I am trying to set my box up! all hooked up! done a powerscan and found all of the channels! However the non freeview ones are all scrambled... i need to connect to laptop to download firmware to box.. but i just cant connect! any ideas? does box need to be off? etc... or is there any other way of unscrambling? cheers

Digger
14th August, 2008, 08:33 PM
you need to connect to your loaptop with a null modem cable and upload the firmware to the box and then scan the box again

danb07
14th August, 2008, 08:35 PM
yeah I am hooked up with all the right equipment... My box is on and I am watching tv! If I were to plug in now.. all i get is new hardware found and thats it... tries to install and then fails... its a null cable connected to a usb... Iam lost!!

Digger
14th August, 2008, 08:38 PM
well it must be the wrong firmware your usin as there r red and blue boxs so ya must check which box you have, there maybe a fault with your usb adapter as they r known to be tempermental...

biffo1
14th August, 2008, 09:12 PM
also put ur box on stand by is it blue/red euro box fw , 2007 2008 model

halau
15th August, 2008, 12:23 PM
sounds like an issue with the usb and null conection, do a search for the right driver for the usb unit

thekid888
19th October, 2008, 04:15 PM
You need to use a null modem cable mate direct to your PC ... It wont work through a serial cable and as most laptops dont come equiped with com ports yow will need to use a home computer and go through the port on your hard drive .. I was weeks figuring that out .. Trust me it will work!!!!!!