PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall mariva breeze central locking issue

setanta
30th October, 2009, 10:44 PM
hi all,
new to this site,Iam having a real difficulty with my drivers door locking.
When i press the to lock from my key it locks all the doors,but when i press to open it will not open the driver door but all the others.

have been with vauxhall and they said they put in a new brain what ever that means,but to no avail,dealers said they replaced the lock,to no avail.i even put in a new door loom and still it does not open,it did for a short while then stopped again.

can anyone tell me what i can do,iam pulling my hair out lol.it will open with manual key,but now with central locking.
regards
setanta

Meat-Head
30th October, 2009, 11:04 PM
the fact that it locks, would suggest it is 'connected'
as you normally have '3' wires, suck blow and dead man locking.
black/yelow black/red and black/blue (realse neg to dead man lock)
sounds like the 'brain' is either not fully plugged in or is faulty

either way i dont care

setanta
1st November, 2009, 08:53 PM
hi,thanks for the interest anyway,you are lucky you are not in my shoes lol.
just for the record,it was with vauxhall dealership,they said they replaced the brain,it was under warranty.
but maybe the garage whom i bought didnt pay for a brain at all and maybe someone is telling untruths,do not know how to approach this.
think i will go to vauxhall and ask for more proof of work done.

Meat-Head
1st November, 2009, 10:46 PM
hi,thanks for the interest anyway,you are lucky you are not in my shoes lol.
just for the record,it was with vauxhall dealership,they said they replaced the brain,it was under warranty.
but maybe the garage whom i bought didnt pay for a brain at all and maybe someone is telling untruths,do not know how to approach this.
think i will go to vauxhall and ask for more proof of work done.

if i was you, i would ask a local indepentant vauxhall specallist or autoelectrical specilist to spend 1 hour on the vechile and give you an invoice with what they suggest, see if the vauxhal dealer will go halfs with you.

start with anomously ring the dealer in question, tell them you have
an 'omega elite' that has LOTS of electrical faults say
'how much to fix it' when they start (hopefully) stuttering
just say 'in that can can you suggest a auto electrical place to try'
then when you get a name ring up as yourself with your problem, ask will they pay for xxx electrical place to look and pay half their bill.