PDA

View Full Version : Radio RD4 Citroen C3

doomixmdk
7th January, 2018, 12:19 PM
Hello everyone !
I have recently picked up a RD4 MP3 CD Radio. My current RD4 radio lacks the CD MP3 feature, so I would like to install the new one in my Citreon C3. The EEPROM in the new RD4 is 24C64. After lots of reading and eeprom files comparison I thought that I understood what needs to be changed. So I made an eeprom dump and changed the VIN number in two places and also a few values that I thought were the CRC calculations. But unfortunately the radio still beeps. What am I doing wrong? In attachment is the old dump and the new one modified by me . So any help would be really appreciated... :)

shooting
7th January, 2018, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone !
I have recently picked up a RD4 MP3 CD Radio. My current RD4 radio lacks the CD MP3 feature, so I would like to install the new one in my Citreon C3. The EEPROM in the new RD4 is 24C64. After lots of reading and eeprom files comparison I thought that I understood what needs to be changed. So I made an eeprom dump and changed the VIN number in two places and also a few values that I thought were the CRC calculations. But unfortunately the radio still beeps. What am I doing wrong? In attachment is the old dump and the new one modified by me . So any help would be really appreciated... :)

Here with CRC's fixed

wbr

simche
7th January, 2018, 04:02 PM
Lexia diagnostic tool also can pairing this radio without reading eeprom and etc... ;) Just OBD

doomixmdk
8th January, 2018, 01:31 AM
Here with CRC's fixed

wbr

thank you ! I'll try it these days and report the result.

doomixmdk
8th January, 2018, 01:41 AM
Lexia diagnostic tool also can pairing this radio without reading eeprom and etc... ;) Just OBD

Yes, I know about Lexia and I plan to buy a Lexia clone, but haven't made the order yet. Unfortunately, I am a second owner of the car and I don't have the pin code card. Since the local Citroen dealer was not kind enough to tell me, I'll have to dump the eeprom from the BSI and extract the pin. So that's another thing I plan to do in near future. Anyway, since I am into electronics, desoldering an eeprom is not a problem for me. Of course the Lexia via ODB is the more elegant way. :)