PDA

View Full Version : FAO: SMIRNOFF

Elite786
14th August, 2008, 11:20 PM
Hi mate, how you doing? its been a long time!

just got a quick Q for you still got my Audi A4 1.8T, put a few new mods in it(porsche boxster brakes, hybrid K04 turbo, intercooler, 5bar fuel pressure regulator)

last few weeks cars started to misfire under boost, ive been told its the spark plugs or coil packs? ive done a VAG COM scan and no error codes. im using the DENSO iridium IK22s spark plugs only done 4000miles approx.

any ideas? can i run any diagnostics? dont want to splash out ?200 on 4 coil packs onyl to find out it could be the MAF sensor(common probs & ?180!!!)?

cheers mate.

Devilfish
14th August, 2008, 11:41 PM
I believe he's just went on holiday m8 but I'm sure he'll reply when he gets back. :)

nilrem
15th August, 2008, 02:20 AM
Coil packs are favourite , well known probs across the whole VAG range

Elite786
15th August, 2008, 10:53 AM
I believe he's just went on holiday m8 but I'm sure he'll reply when he gets back. :)

Thanks mate, that explains why hes not on MSN.

Coil packs are favourite , well known probs across the whole VAG range

yeh thats what i was told, i know someone who had a similiar problem and it turned out to be the MAF sensor? think im going to have to replace the coil packs first and see what happens. Thanks Nilrem.

corkyvw
20th August, 2008, 09:38 PM
hi m8,if u think its the air mass meter disconnect the plug drive it to c if it still has the problem if it still does it then its not the maf sensor....:hmmmm2: