PDA

View Full Version : Best box

halau
15th August, 2008, 09:32 AM
What is the best all round box to buy these days for quality and back up, i am looking to buy but have concerns over last years incident with dm500 and gemini locking boxes out

Curious123
15th August, 2008, 10:07 AM
If you had an original dreambox than it would have been no problem with gemini images. You might find it easier to decide which box suits you best if post what you want to be able to do with your box rather asking for a blank recommendation.

halau
15th August, 2008, 11:41 AM
ok , its just for second room usage, not interested in gadgets or pvr

clone or not it was an independent group who done that with no real finacial gain out of it, what will they do next lock out the 600's because THEY feel people should be buying the 800/8000's

shady77
16th August, 2008, 02:12 PM
i have had no problem whatsoever with a digivox. newest one is digivox XL.
take a gander on fleabay:)

freck
16th August, 2008, 07:06 PM
Have a look at the itgate tgm220 for cable/sat or terrestrial.
- It`s the Gate to your world - ITGATE - (http://www.itgate.co.kr/dags/model_tgm220.php?lan=eng&no=tgm220)
No probs with mine,good support too.

mo.p
17th August, 2008, 05:06 PM
What is the best all round box to buy these days for quality and back up, i am looking to buy but have concerns over last years incident with dm500 and gemini locking boxes out

It really depends on what your intentions are.

If it's solely so watch tv and nothing else, Eurovoxmax v 2008 or Kryptview Starview thebox are the simplest boxes. They don't require any cards or any knowledge of the internals of the firmware.

If you want to have your box connected to the internet, stream movies from your PC to your TV, record to a network attached storage, stream mp3s from your PC to your TV, etc. etc. then get a dreambox. The 600-PVR is probably the better model but the 500 will do just as good a job and there are more images (firmware) available for you to play with.

peterneilsen
17th August, 2008, 07:24 PM
I thgouth that it was supposed to be a problem - I friend told me that so I am a little confussed now!

If you had an original dreambox than it would have been no problem with gemini images. You might find it easier to decide which box suits you best if post what you want to be able to do with your box rather asking for a blank recommendation.