PDA

View Full Version : Peuegot 307 1.6 HDI EGR OFF - ECD16C34

aqua_life
10th January, 2018, 06:09 PM
Hello,
I have Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI with ecu EDC16C34 0281011803
Can someone help me make EGR OFF ?
I read file with FGTech with BDM. I was not able to read by OBD on table (normally I can). So I made BDM.

Also, can you please correct checksum ? Because writing by BDM will not correct checksum I think.

Thanks for your help.

maajkii
10th January, 2018, 06:24 PM
Hello,
I have Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI with ecu EDC16C34 0281011803
Can someone help me make EGR OFF ?
I read file with FGTech with BDM. I was not able to read by OBD on table (normally I can). So I made BDM.

Also, can you please correct checksum ? Because writing by BDM will not correct checksum I think.

Thanks for your help.

two hysterisis should be enough.
pass pm

omarino
10th January, 2018, 06:46 PM
hi
here is your egroff
the checksum is ok

plz dont forget "rep+thank"

aqua_life
10th January, 2018, 09:24 PM
Thank you for your files.
I wrote now file on ECU and made diagnostic on bench.
I still have EGR errors p0402 and p0405.
Can someone remove this errors ?

Thanks for your help

omarino
10th January, 2018, 09:33 PM
hi
here is with dtc off

regards

baigano
7th March, 2018, 06:26 PM
Hellow!

Please help me,I ask original files for peugeot 307 1.6hdi
BOSCH 0281011803
EDC16C34

1039S06203

mumblingmatt
20th February, 2019, 06:53 PM
Hello. Sorry, I can't help with the original file but as a newbie I have been experimenting with DTC offs for an old '05 Peugeot 307, EDC16C34, which had EGR and DPF related fault codes. This seems like a good place to post results.

I read various forums and ascertained from popular wisdom that this ECU is not best read or written using MPPS through the OBD port. This is partly because the full 2Mb map will not be correctly read. You may save a 2Mb file, but the first half will be filled with 'FF' where there is actually some code. This is what I found when trying with MPPS V16. The only reliable way to read the ECU seems to be on the bench with the back off, connected to a BDM tool.

(I would still be interested to know if there is any way to read/write this ECU completely using just the OBD port. Perhaps by using some sort of boot mode or a different tool?)

Anyway, having read this 'half good' file, I tried modifying it with some of these automatic programs to turn off the EGR and DPF fault codes.
Volta: seemed to do something for DPF off, but did nothing with EGR off. Result was not tested (bit outdated anyway I guess)
Professional DPF remover 2016: Seems to work. Modified the file.
Professional EGR remover 2016: Seems to work. Modified the file.

Modified the original file with the last two tools above. Wrote the file using my MPPS V16 China clone. The car still started.
All the DTC's regarding the faults were cleared except for P0405, which for some reason is not included with Professional EGR remover tool, even though it is an EGR fault code.

Checked- and having read the file back from the ECU (just written), all was the same, except for a 'table' near the end of the data (addr. 1FDF74 to 1FE001) most of which seemed to have been cleared to 00. this must have been done by the ECU. WTF?
What is this table and why was it 'cleared' by the ECU?

Car still started, no noticeable performance difference.

Ok so Still having an engine light due to the P0405 code, I continued to try to find a way to clear this. I eventually found 'MTX DTC remover' which successfully removed this DTC (one byte at address 1C6B92, cleared to 00).

However MPPS failed when writing the file produced by MTX remover directly. Some sort of security error. Fortunately car still started. I thought this was maybe because MTX remover does not correct the checksum (Even though MPPS says it does the checksum for this ECU anyway) Sure enough, using the Pro EGR/DPF 2016 after MTX, (which says it fixes the checksum), the resulting 'half good' file then proceeded to write successfully.

Question mark over the checksums. How can they be correct(ed) for a file which has only been half correctly read? I'm assuming there is a specific checksum for just half the map data. Otherwise, if Pro EGR/DPF RELATIVELY adjusts the checksum for its own changes, how would it account for the MTX byte alteration?

So at the moment am happy with no faults on the dash. If I get time I may try to improve the performance as well, if I can be reasonably confident the ECU is not going to brick?