PDA

View Full Version : Hackulo.us website hacked!!!

drakov
31st October, 2009, 04:34 PM
Explains why installous wouldn't work

aftermath
31st October, 2009, 04:36 PM
do you have a link ?

drakov
31st October, 2009, 05:22 PM
www.hackulo.us

richmikaiko
31st October, 2009, 09:39 PM
like what happen?? i used it last night downloaded nba league pass and it works fine...:manuscarf:

ianmac
7th November, 2009, 08:50 PM
like what happen?? i used it last night downloaded nba league pass and it works fine...:manuscarf:

I think the site is getting overloaded, as more & more people are getting iPhones unlocked.

drakov
7th November, 2009, 11:49 PM
I think the site is getting overloaded, as more & more people are getting iPhones unlocked.

Posted by TDDebug on Oct 31 2009, 12:47 PM

This morning was a very, very confusing time for all of us here at Hackulous. A lot of you woke up to a defaced website. It is very embarrassing to get hacked, and I can confirm that this did take place. Thankfully, our staff was well-prepared to handle the situation and everything has been restored.

Security is extremely important to our staff, and even more so to me. Kyek has served as leading manager of all of our servers on our network for quite some time, and as a result any slip-ups that he made went unnoticed due to his very long absence from Hackulous.

As a result, next week I'm being promoted to admin by Genius (done). I will serve as a replacement for Kyek; all of our servers, forums, and websites under the care of Genius and I.

Although I cannot excuse what happened this morning, I can guarantee you that no matter what the overall staff thinks, my number 1 concern is the security, stability, and uptime of Hackulous. It is a priority to keep all of you posted on issues that you need to know about, to keep the community stable and our websites operating well.

The hacker has already spoken with me, and has agreed to drop the issue at hand. We can guarantee that no passwords were taken during this, as our software encrypts all of your precious details in a format which cannot be even seen by us, the Hackulous staff.

I'd like to ask everyone to enjoy today. It's Halloween, after all. Our staff will continue to work to stabilize and secure the website, and for now the website is in our hands and has been restored.

We will make official announcements regarding projects we start and are working on, and keep the community on a need-to-know basis. We'd like to ask all of you stop propagating rumors that we have not publicly denounced or announced.

Thank you for all of your support, and our apologies for the downtime this morning.

So in the past 24 hours or so, a lot of issues have come up, and I wanted to publicly address them

Posted by Genius Blog on Nov 4 2009, 01:51 AM
Kyek's Demotion
Now you may or may not know that Hackulous was hacked a couple days ago. It was after this incident that I demoted Kyek as an admin, because I did not see the need to have an inactive admin have access to the admin panel. This was a professional decision for the security of the information on this site. His demotion was not meant as a demotion of his status, but rather for concern of security. I have not, and never had, any problem with Kyek being an admin on our site. In hindsight, demoting kyek's admin account wouldn't have made a difference since the hacker got in at the server level. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Kyek is considered one of "founding fathers" if you will. He currently does and will continue to hold his status as an admin on hackulous

Deffo not overload:)

ianmac
8th November, 2009, 12:17 AM
OMG,

I see what you mean, I never saw that bit...