PDA

View Full Version : awaiting kryptview dw 800

bluehornet
31st October, 2009, 06:52 PM
THE EXACT DUE DATE IS NOT YET KNOWN BUT CURRENTLY EXPECTED TO BE AROUND EARLY NOVEMBER TIME.......This is what I am being told as I wait impatiently for my pre-ordered dw 800.Do they know something we don't know or is it just that they're not available yet..
Anybody know why?

Fspiders
1st November, 2009, 03:55 PM
They're getting the latest firmware sorted for public release

Regards

cowplain35
3rd November, 2009, 01:56 AM
I,m still waiting for mine from digidomain,reckons they should be here this week,was originally the 20th October.

phantomadam
3rd November, 2009, 05:53 PM
will all hd chans be there i can only see about 7 availble what about ss1,2,3, and movies anyone know and can you rec on the dw 800

cowplain35
3rd November, 2009, 07:57 PM
Cable,Virgin etc,doesn't carry Sky HD channels at present,you can only get Sky HD on satellite.

cowplain35
3rd November, 2009, 07:59 PM
A western digital 1 TB hard drive will work,about ?75,you just connect it to the USB on the HD box.

bugaloo41
4th November, 2009, 11:18 PM
From Mash

The delay is due to late delivery of the tuners. This has caused the production slot to be missed so they are looking at the earliest time to build the units. Will update as soon as I have a confirmed date. Also there is no ethernet port on the unit but a rs232 to ethernet adapter can be added and will work for anyone wishing to use this.

tmc

scotty_dotty
6th November, 2009, 01:19 AM
I got an email with the above info and an expected eta of end of November - start of December. Here's hoping. Also what's the benefits of converting the rs232 to Ethernet? Just tried to price the adaptor and thar half the price of the box! I'm off work just now or I wouldve asked our I.t guy.

whiteswan
11th November, 2009, 10:31 PM
Has anybody been able to contact Digidomain - he seems to have disappeared !

Still awaiting a refund from him............

Dave

ghostfox
14th November, 2009, 09:58 AM
looking forward to getting this new krypview, read nothing but great reviews from lads who are using them even with beta firmware.

scotty_dotty
15th November, 2009, 08:47 PM
I've contacted arnet regarding the boxes to see if there's any more update on dates, will post response if worth while. I've also asked if or what use it could have if or when we go to n3.:beheaded:

cowplain35
16th November, 2009, 04:18 AM
Don't buy from digidomain,as he has stopped replying to emails about paid for orders,I put a paypal claim in and got refunded.Wait until they are in stock,then buy from the online retailers is my advice

DW190
16th November, 2009, 08:40 PM
I've contacted arnet regarding the boxes to see if there's any more update on dates, will post response if worth while. I've also asked if or what use it could have if or when we go to n3.:beheaded:

You can rest assured you wont see your box this month. This is the message I got last week.

Hi Dave the latest I know it will be end of the month. The tuners were delayed and the production slot got missed. China is stacked out at the moment due to xmas so finding a slot is a problem at the moment.

Regards

mash

As for what happens when N3 appears. The appearance of N3 will be a long time in coming, probably when the cows come home.

scotty_dotty
16th November, 2009, 10:48 PM
Arnet passed my query to t.m.c and as above they are expected to be ready around the end of this month.
Got a rubber chicken that clucks and an egg that comes out it's ass to keep me entertained in the mean time!

DW190
17th November, 2009, 02:41 AM
Arnet passed my query to t.m.c and as above they are expected to be ready around the end of this month.
Got a rubber chicken that clucks and an egg that comes out it's ass to keep me entertained in the mean time!

Get yourself a real layer.

You can then eat what comes out of its arse.

scotty_dotty
18th November, 2009, 08:01 PM
Seen as the mrs is buyin the box il leave put the gags! Just had gammon steak n egg for t aswell....gave no thought to the chickens arse.

Post spammed I think :egg:

silverhaze76
18th November, 2009, 08:05 PM
Kryptview HD - 25092009

Initial software. Some features such as EPG are still under development.

Expect improvments to these areas soon.

To flash, place the file "kryptview_hd_v101_25092009.cnl" in the root directory of a usb pen or hard drive and boot the set top box up.
When it says "FILE 1" press right to show the filename, and press right again to confirm the flash. DOWNLIAD LINK http://silverhaze76.yolasite.com/resources/kryptview_hd_v101_25092009(1).zip

DW190
18th November, 2009, 10:19 PM
Kryptview HD - 25092009

Initial software. Some features such as EPG are still under development.

Expect improvments to these areas soon.

To flash, place the file "kryptview_hd_v101_25092009.cnl" in the root directory of a usb pen or hard drive and boot the set top box up.
When it says "FILE 1" press right to show the filename, and press right again to confirm the flash. DOWNLIAD LINK http://silverhaze76.yolasite.com/resources/kryptview_hd_v101_25092009(1).zip

I'm sure some will appreciate your uploading the firmware.

However I dont think the author will appreciate that you are claiming that title in the download section.

dogsdinner
20th November, 2009, 12:05 AM
Cable,Virgin etc,doesn't carry Sky HD channels at present,you can only get Sky HD on satellite. Sort of defeats the object of buying the HD box if there is no content doesn?t it ?

The missus can watch LivingHD or the Kids MTVHD though lol.