PDA

View Full Version : Nearly there just need some more help!

prognosis
15th August, 2008, 01:42 PM
Ok I have flashed my dbox2 with bladequad and have the epg up and running. I am stumped at the next step. I have read that i need to do someting with Evocamd and Keys files. This is where im lost:
How do I install Evocamd and where do i get it
Im in Newcastle and need the keys file for virgin in this area
can anyone help in simple language
Thanks

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 01:50 PM
Ok I have flashed my dbox2 with bladequad and have the epg up and running. I am stumped at the next step. I have read that i need to do someting with Evocamd and Keys files. This is where im lost:
Thanks

Have a read of this thread it will sort you out.
www.digital-kaos.co.uk (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6330)

prognosis
15th August, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hi
Ive seen that thread but the guy allready had evocamd installed, Im asking how I do that?
Thanks

MetMan
15th August, 2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks

if u can't find the files, pm me m8, see what i can do....

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 02:00 PM
Hi
Ive seen that thread but the guy allready had evocamd installed, Im asking how I do that?
Thanks

press blue button go to blade menu press on that then go to emu settings then press on that then activate evocamd. Have you got the latest k*ys installed? If so then put on s*y sports 1 and wait to clear. If you have not installed k*ys then go to that thread i showed you and download them then flp them to var/k*ys then do has above.

prognosis
15th August, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for the help thus far, ok heres where Im at, Ive done what you said gizmo and activated the EMU, Ive transferred the keys and scce folders into the /VAR folder (it didnt have a keys folder in until i transferred the one in the rar file over, is this right?) I then browsed to skysports1 and pressed enter, nothing, blank screen? I tried restarting the emu and same again, ive also noticed there is nothing in the EPG, the channels are listed down the left but there is nothing in the actual listings?
Thanks

<--prognosis added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...-->

BTW I cant even get the freeview channels up now? Do I need to do a rescan?

<--prognosis added 10 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...-->

any chance of some live help through messenger?

mini
15th August, 2008, 06:44 PM
your supposed to put the keys into the var/keys folder, the folder should already be there. if you need futher help pm me.

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for the help thus far, ok here's where Im at, Ive done what you said gizmo and activated the EMU, Ive transferred the keys and science folders into the /VAR folder (it didn't have a keys folder in until i transferred the one in the rar file over, is this right?) I then browsed to skysports1 and pressed enter, nothing, blank screen? I tried restarting the emu and same again, ive also noticed there is nothing in the EPG, the channels are listed down the left but there is nothing in the actual listings?
Thanks

<--prognosis added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...-->

BTW I cant even get the freeview channels up now? Do I need to do a rescan?

<--prognosis added 10 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...-->

any chance of some live help through messenger?

Is the time on the lcd the correct time?

UnitedPirate
16th August, 2008, 11:18 AM
I would start again m8, something isn't right there. Maybe you deleted / changed the wrong thing.

Now you know what you are doing the 2nd attempt will go alot smoother.

Good Luck.