PDA

View Full Version : eurovox help

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 03:01 PM
i got the eurovox put the new firmware on it and i got most channels but i was missing a few for example skysports xtra and skymovies premier im new to this so im not sure what to do is there a code or a search that i can do to get them?

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 03:04 PM
Need to know your area and provider info.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 03:09 PM
im on vm and im in london shall i get more specific on where i live

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 03:18 PM
Without going into full details just tell me what area of London. As I need to verify what ex provider you are on and what TPs are used in your area. A simple powerscan may do the job though.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 03:22 PM
i live in south west london how do i do a power scan and what does it do

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 03:28 PM
A powerscan will find all the TPs, (frequencies) on your providers network. Press menu, installation, user installation, and you will see a list of frequencies. You will see your symbol rate it will either be 6952 or 6887. Should be 6952 as its an ex TW area. Just tell me which one and we can go from there. Also what firmware are you using. Press menu, config and system info and post what it says for SW revision.

BTW you must have scanned if you already have channels or did you get this box pre set.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 03:37 PM
i have 6952 and with the sw revision 1.0 st4 jul 15 2008 and when i bought the box i did scan.

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 03:45 PM
Well thats a powerscan. You should have 34 TPs, (frequencies), can you see 491000 as one of them in user installation. When you done the scan did you do it from the direct feed, i.e. no splitter.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 03:50 PM
i have 32 frequencies i havent got 491000 as one of them and i am using a direct feed.

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 03:59 PM
Go to menu- installation-user installation-ch edit(green button)add(red button)frequency-491.000-symbol rate 6887-press ok exit once press ok on the frequency you have just added ,then press manual scan.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 04:02 PM
it is searching now how long will this take and what channels will this get me

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 04:05 PM
A minute and the ones you are missing hopefully.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 04:11 PM
if it takes longer than 1 minute what does that mean

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 04:21 PM
It should find channels if the TP is valid, which that one is for you area and provider. If you are having problems it could be due to a weak signal input. I can give you a CDF for your area and provider if you like.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 04:23 PM
it might be a weak signal due to the bar being red and not going beyond 20% what will the cdf file do and how will it help me

dav-bc
15th August, 2008, 04:28 PM
Hey recently got a western 120gb hdd drive for eurovox ex5000 pvr, programs record but playback shows very little or no picture. does anyone know if the hard disc needs to be formated first or not.

Thanks.

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 04:30 PM
A CDF, (Channel Definiton File) will contain all the TPs and channels for your area and provider. You can load this to your box if you want.

But do a factory reset first, (menu, config, clear data, factory settings) and then a powerscan. Menu, installation, user installation, start rate leave at 100.000Mhz, end rate change to 670.000Mhz, symbol rate is as said 6952. Press OK to scan.

If it still doesnt pick up all channels then I will give you the CDF, as its better to have your own scan as TPs may have changed.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 04:40 PM
shall i delete all the channels then do the powerscan because when i went to clear data it sais delete all channels or factory sefault what shall i do

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 04:56 PM
Factory default and powerscan at the figures I gave you above.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 05:00 PM
im doing a power scan now it never asked me for the symbol rate

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 05:07 PM
Its should pick 6952 as the default, but you should have done it via user installation as I posted above. It will just take longer.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 05:09 PM
more channels came up but theres still no skysports xtra if i use the cdf file will that help me get it.

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 05:13 PM
OK heres the one I have for your area. You will need to clear you channel again data first, then load the CDF. There is a guide on how to do this in downloads here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Guides (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=29)

The CDF is for TW South West London.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 05:15 PM
thanks for all the help before i do this i just want to ask something if i do this will i get skysports xtra, im on vm does it matter because the file sais telewest

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 05:21 PM
Xtra is contained within the CDF, so you should unless you have a weak signal, (you could try booster if thats the case), or TP has changed. Sorry but I have to leave hope it works out for you.

lilik256
15th August, 2008, 05:22 PM
could you give me some info on the cdf file how 2 upload it etc

satsmo
15th August, 2008, 05:34 PM
I gave you a link to a guide in downloads with the CDF above. Now I really do have to fly sorry.

lilik256
16th August, 2008, 07:41 PM
it sais the winzip wizard cannot open this file it does not appearto be a valid archive are you ment to open this with winzip or something else/

hal
18th August, 2008, 02:50 PM
Similar problem i have been having with my hard drive, saying it is recording then nothing stores on HD. I turned box off took HD out and put back in, turn box on again recorded sky sports for 5 mins went to PVR and worked. So i have left a recording on from 11.30 last night to see if taped. Will check when i get in from work. (contacted supplier said will replace if not working properly.)

<--hal added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...-->

Hey recently got a western 120gb hdd drive for eurovox ex5000 pvr, programs record but playback shows very little or no picture. does anyone know if the hard disc needs to be formated first or not.

Thanks.
Similar problem i have been having with my hard drive, saying it is recording then nothing stores on HD. I turned box off took HD out and put back in, turn box on again recorded sky sports for 5 mins went to PVR and worked. So i have left a recording on from 11.30 last night to see if taped. Will check when i get in from work. (contacted supplier said will replace if not working properly.)

jaytag
18th August, 2008, 08:44 PM
would the kryptview and the eurovox cope with nagra 2

lilik256
18th August, 2008, 09:26 PM
i uploaded the cdf file using the guide and i deleted all the channels first then used the guide when i uploaded the sw west telewest file i connected it back and it said no channels did i do it wrong or is it because that was telewest and i am on virgin i dont understand.

ajmal
6th December, 2008, 03:48 PM
thanks for cdf file:congrats:

aidhen
6th December, 2008, 08:57 PM
i need a eurovox max v cdf. file update for birmingham...can anyone help..plss

smartcuror
6th December, 2008, 09:36 PM
Hi can any one help me with the CDF or instructions to do a rescan the Eurovox 5000 PVr please. I am very new to this.

Enfield, Telewest cable. Direct connection.

rapturex
9th March, 2009, 11:21 AM
i cant get some of my channels and most importantly i get all of sky sports channels except sky sports 2, its strage but i cant get it, can anyone help or does anyone kno where to get the area frequencies im in london south east

freecableplz?
13th December, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hi all, I'm fairly new to all this, got a Eurovox EX5100 PVR with software pre-loaded onto it. had the box about a month and had done a deep scan and signed up to the site here whilst wating incase I needed help. everything was working fine except for not being bothered to re-arrange the channels.

a couple of days ago channels started scrambling up and becoming pretty useless.

I've now re-loaded the firmeware onto the box of of this site but am having issues finding all the channels.

I'm currently running a powerscan (deep scans only really present either 6 or 10 channels) and will post the outcome, but I wanted to know if someone could link me to a CDF for the 5100?

I'm on VM, previously Blueyonder/NTL. I live in teh south-west area of London.

The coax cable come direct from the wall, no splitters. there is a signal conditioner connected though, but this was because we are too close to the area distribution station or something. can't remember.

Any help appreciated.

DC

___
EDIT:

I've finished the powerscan now and I'm back up to 260-odd channels, but am still interested in obtaining a structured CDF.