PDA

View Full Version : PP2000/Lexia Key programming problem

bilco
16th January, 2018, 07:29 PM
2003 multiplexed 206 1.4i.
My wife's Peugeot 206 was down to 1 key, this key was fine and worked ok including the door remote function.
Got a blade cut, got a new ID46 transponder from fleebay, shoved them in an old key carcass and added the key with pp2000. To do this the original key also must be added back in so I did this and re-sync'd it. Both keys now work but the original key has lost its door remote function. Its a year or so since I've used pp2000 but in the past I've done one other key for myself and a few for friends all without the slightest problem, in fact its so simple a child could do it. Has anyone else encountered this or any suggestions? Needless to say I've tried all the obvious.
Bill.

radiosolutions
16th January, 2018, 09:40 PM
If you use a transponder from a non remote key, it does not have the information in it for a remote, so car will start but remote will not program. This is only reason the remote does not work,unless it's faulty.

Dont forget to press thanks

bilco
17th January, 2018, 12:42 AM
If you use a transponder from a non remote key, it does not have the information in it for a remote, so car will start but remote will not program. This is only reason the remote does not work,unless it's faulty.

Dont forget to press thanks
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, its the original key that's lost its remote function, this is all as was (original transponder and original RF module) .
Bill

Lyelik
30th January, 2018, 11:44 AM
You now need to re-train the radio.
To do this, insert the key into the ignition switch
press the close button on the key and turn on the ignition.
Hold for 10-15 seconds and switch off the ignition
Release the button on the key.
The radio should be attached.
Sorry for my machine translator. :)