PDA

View Full Version : noisy ps3

jake1970
1st November, 2009, 03:19 PM
has anyone else having problems with fan noise some times the ps3 fan spins up so loud i cant here the game or film that im watching you have to turn the tv up ,it dosnt matter if its been on ages or been on 5 mins and it dosnt make a differance whether its a game or a film on the hard drive any one got any ideas

Blender
1st November, 2009, 08:46 PM
Mines the same.

Its a little better if I take it off the TV display stand and place it on the carpet. I did think about some of that acoustic matting underneath which will probably help.

Mine if placed flat, not sure if its any better vertically or not, havent tried.

Raven
2nd November, 2009, 12:33 AM
It's one of 2 things, either some PS3's are better than others in this regard or the room temperature plays a part in this - because in my case with my PS3 the fan is always silent no matter what. But other people say their PS3's are the opposite. I still think it's room temperature and placement of PS3 more than anything, but I can't ignore the possibility that different PS3's have different fans in them. I doubt it though.

dazza78
2nd November, 2009, 08:29 PM
It's one of 2 things, either some PS3's are better than others in this regard or the room temperature plays a part in this - because in my case with my PS3 the fan is always silent no matter what. But other people say their PS3's are the opposite. I still think it's room temperature and placement of PS3 more than anything, but I can't ignore the possibility that different PS3's have different fans in them. I doubt it though.

my ps3,s are silent also , but i do know the fans sometimes spin like mad caused by heating issues,

i wouldnt place your ps3 on a carpet either as that will cause it to get hotter as the carpet will block vents/holes , i have mine standing up at the side of me t.v

try giveing it a blow out incase of dust inside m8
dazza

BIGALZ
2nd November, 2009, 08:41 PM
I have my ps3 in a glass fronted cabinet sat on top of my cable box, if I do not leave the cabinet door open it goes berserk with the fan attempting to keep the temp down. With the cabinet door open it runs silently. It is not a fault just a cooling issue.

dazza78
2nd November, 2009, 09:50 PM
I have my ps3 in a glass fronted cabinet sat on top of my cable box, if I do not leave the cabinet door open it goes berserk with the fan attempting to keep the temp down. With the cabinet door open it runs silently. It is not a fault just a cooling issue.

wot do you work for sony?????? its a fault thats why they overheat and cause the ylod , sony say issues not fault to get out of replacements

Raven
3rd November, 2009, 02:24 AM
wot do you work for sony?????? its a fault thats why they overheat and cause the ylod , sony say issues not fault to get out of replacements

Maybe so (I don't work for Sony though I'm accused enough! lol) but let's be fair, all the consoles these days suffer from overheating issues, the 360 is notorious for it as well. If not much worse because it's American made instead of Japanese.

I have my ps3 in a glass fronted cabinet sat on top of my cable box

There's your problem, the heat generated from the cable box is going directly into the PS3's internals and that's before the PS3 is even switched on. That's why your fan's going berserk it's because your PS3 is fetching plenty of additional heat from elsewhere because of being placed stupidly. One thing you don't do is place any console on top of another similar electrical appliance - it's just asking to go pop! Oh and the weight of the PS3 can't be doing the cable box much good either.....get it shifted! lol