PDA

View Full Version : BMW M6 E64 Lost Flash data

lordcurtron
18th January, 2018, 12:36 AM
Hi Guys

I've stumbled upon a BMW M6 E64 with no keys. Upon programming keys using the VVDI2, it couldn't complete programming by OBD, but said it's doable using a cable that plugs directly into the CAS3 unit.

So I removed the CAS3 unit like I've done many times before, but hadn't used this particular cable before, and it failed to flash the unit properly.

The flash file read after this point is basically empty.

I have the original EEPROM file but didn't take a backup of the FLASH.

The CAS Module has the numbers 61.35-9226238-01 on the label, so searching this forum I found a file which seems to have worked. Loaded the flash file into the unit which allowed new keys to be programmed using Zed-FULL and the VVDI Prog.

So now I have a key which has a working remote, but the vehicle won't start - it just winds over without starting. All the lights come up on the dash.

I take it that this vehicle needs to have something synchronised for the vehicle to start, but I'm not sure how. The EEPROM is still the same as when I originally read it, it just has different FLASH data inside.

The ECU From this vehicle is "DME MS S65" "5WK9367 - I removed the ECU to see it's type for this post. None of my tools indicate they can read data from this type of ECU.

The VIN is WBSEK92090B39212 if that's of any help.

If anyone could assist or provide me with some information on a fix I'd greatly appreciate it!

Sidemark
18th January, 2018, 08:47 AM
your eeprom is crypto. First decrypt, then make key

lordcurtron
18th January, 2018, 11:35 PM
Thank you for your reply.

The new key was programmed to the vehicle via OBD2. After writing the new flash file to the 9S12 chip in circuit the VVDI2 and Zed-FULL could both program keys. The issue is that the vehicle doesn't start. The remote works, and the dashboard lights up when the key is inserted but it doesn't start.

GTTURBO2540
19th January, 2018, 09:37 AM
Use bmw icom programming mode will fix that problem.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Sidemark
19th January, 2018, 11:48 AM
Use bmw icom programming mode will fix that problem.

Explane please the way of your thinking. How icom can help for immo issues ? ))

GTTURBO2540
19th January, 2018, 11:57 AM
Icom online can fix that problem because they will flash all the cas eeprom + flash data , I had fix f10 with this way

Sidemark
19th January, 2018, 12:06 PM
Icom online can fix that problem because they will flash all the cas eeprom + flash data , I had fix f10 with this way
Replying to your post i want point to that fact

All the lights come up on the dash.
which means that cas is alive and does not need ICOM.
Problem lays in crypted eeprom in which key was written. And I wrote about this in second post of this thread. Thats why car does not start .
What have i explain else ?

tech_cz
19th January, 2018, 02:13 PM
First problem is you have to use correct flash.
This one:

Second:
Many programers downgrade sw. in CAS to be able make keys, miles etc.
After this you have done keys, miles.. but I-level in CAS is lower than in DME, so you can not make synchro.
When you have done everything in CAS upgrade it to latest I-level by AVDI commander or ISTA and then make synchro CAS-DME.

WBR, Marek

Sidemark
19th January, 2018, 02:39 PM
First problem is you have to use correct flash.
This one:

Second:
Many programers downgrade sw. in CAS to be able make keys, miles etc.
After this you have done keys, miles.. but I-level in CAS is lower than in DME, so you can not make synchro.
When you have done everything in CAS upgrade it to latest I-level by AVDI commander or ISTA and then make synchro CAS-DME.

WBR, Marek

To do mileage in cas u dont need downgrade .
Another fairytale ... And many just start believe in this fairytale after reading.

tech_cz
19th January, 2018, 03:36 PM
I am just speaking from my own expirence.
If your CAS is upgraded you can not do anything by OBD (even read ISN).
Then your software downgrade it (when AVDI downgrade it keeps same identification but the sw is lower).
Several times I changed EGS by AVDI, ISN EGS matched and car will not start. And was not possible to make synchro CAS DME.
After then I again reflashed CAS to higher level I could make synchro.
To be able make synchro I-level in CAS and DME must match.
You´ve just not seen enough BMWs.

WBR, Marek

Sidemark
19th January, 2018, 03:51 PM
You´ve just not seen enough BMWs.

WBR, Marek
No.
To do mileage via obd - crazy thing, but about do nothing in cas which has high software - u are right. But i dont care what software has cas, because i dont use avdi . Can make key and mileage even cas has highest sowtware )).
Better use xprog to read eeprom , tell u more cas3 has 4 written mileages. I doubt that u do cas3 in total zero with avdi.
To work with many bmw - avdi not enough . Thats why i can suggest that u didnt have enough bmw.

tech_cz
19th January, 2018, 04:09 PM
I do not have just AVDI. For upgraded CAS3 I am using Enigma on MCU (not so big deal to tear CAS from car). Enigma is bettter than Xprog-box, Smok etc. Never failed.
For CAS4 is best Xprog-box, of course, original.
But if CAS3 is upgraded in Mini I do not have half a day to dismantle all the car. In Commander I click read ISN, it asks for downgrade soft and after it I can set mileage by OBD.
Maybe with BMW Explorer it could be easier, but this one I don´t have.

WBR, Marek

Sidemark
19th January, 2018, 04:13 PM
I do not have just AVDI. For upgraded CAS3 I am using Enigma on MCU (not so big deal to tear CAS from car). Enigma is bettter than Xprog-box, Smok etc. Never failed.
For CAS4 is best Xprog-box, of course, original.
But if CAS3 is upgraded in Mini I do not have half a day to dismantle all the car. In Commander I click read ISN, it asks for downgrade soft and after it I can set mileage by OBD.
Maybe with BMW Explorer it could be easier, but this one I don´t have.
WBR, Marek

But returning to our thread i still think that topicstarter made key in crypto eeprom , thats why remote works, but this key can not start car .

tech_cz
19th January, 2018, 04:20 PM
No, he has low software in CAS (according to sticker).
When he use higher software I post (according his eeprom), he will be able to synchro CAS with DME.
I think he posted that starter revs just car do not launch so key is OK just Immo and DME desync.

WBR, Marek

doctore
19th January, 2018, 04:28 PM
To do mileage in cas u dont need downgrade .
Another fairytale ... And many just start believe in this fairytale after reading.

You understand very well in BMW as your grandfather:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sidemark
19th January, 2018, 04:34 PM
No, he has low software in CAS (according to sticker).
WBR, Marek
So, please explain - if he has low software according sticker why his eeprom still crypto ?

lordcurtron
23rd January, 2018, 06:25 AM
Thank you for your explanation and for uploading this file. I'm heading back out the the vehicle by the end of the week, so will upload this to the CAS unit and post the results.

Really appreciate everyone's help, and your help tech_cz.