PDA

View Full Version : Hacker manages to get backups running on PS3, illegally and legally

vipermo
15th August, 2008, 04:59 PM
Reports are coming in that a hacker has managed to get backups running on the PS3 in both illegal and legal methods. His video shows Warhawk running from HDD and to do the hack legally, you need a 60GB HDD and original disc, he says 3 games are confirmed to boot under this method (disc doesn't need to be inserted while playing) and speculates that many more will work.

quote:

The video shows:

- Warhawk running from HDD

- no PKG version

- no WH disc while WH is running

- Motorstorm running as proxy disc

- legal way

I wont explain the details here till the project is finished 100%, also cuz many devs want to take a look at first and not get it patched that fast. I can say that if all will work like I want it to you'll need:

- "special" game dump of the game you want to play from HDD

- one (any) original bd game

- 2x minimum 60GB HDD's (illegal way - it worx but its not allowed in most countrys - its working like a packed game on psp memory stick)

OR

-1 60GB HDD + original disc (legal way - no need to be inserted while playing)

Im using newest firmware PAL 60GB SKU. 3 games tested yet - working.
Games which should be possible from the knowledge i got yet:

- Warhawk
- Motorstorm
- Resistance
- GT5
- COD3

I cant check more atm, as I dont have else here. The final way will be a bit different than the video shows. Even there are 2 different ways then to do it, thats because there are 2 different groups of games. One can be done with 1 HDD but then you need the original disk of the game.

i dont support piracy, this is just to safe your disks

THIS IS JUST A PROOF OF CONCEPT - NOT A FINISHED PROJECT!!!

if video doesnt work as stream just download it:

http://www.nera-studios.eu/ps3.MOV

better quality vid will come when i get new hdd + repaired hdtv

I hope you see theres no hidden PKG (game list is shown), no hidden disk (i insert motorstorm). At the end of the video i just wanted to show its no test unit --> watch the settings.

Sorry for bad TV quality, my HDTV just exploded and i need to use SDTV for 2 weeks now

if there are any questions, you can ask but i dont say ill answer all.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=30558

violentj
15th August, 2008, 08:21 PM
fake lol he shows games that run from hdd anyway,next hes gunna show mgs4 or burnout paradise

Hejira
15th August, 2008, 09:55 PM
I didn't think much of the vid either, but this has been mentioned on dark alex's blog and does seem to have some truth!

bigzuk
16th August, 2008, 02:37 AM
lets hope the method is as easy as the 360

C64
16th August, 2008, 08:28 PM
AFAIK it can only be done on the 60Gb version and needs 2 60gb drives?!...wassat all about?

It also takes up a colossal amount of space on the drive for just 1 game, I think I'll be giving it a miss.

violentj
16th August, 2008, 08:33 PM
well i thinks its fake,until i see games that dont run nativley from hdd anyways and proof it isnt one of the dev units that plays retails from hdd its fake in my mind

C64
16th August, 2008, 08:35 PM
I watched it and i didn't see any proof either, most likely yet another BS hoax.