PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about it.

Lambhuna
21st March, 2008, 11:30 AM
Been thinking about going for a satallite setup for a while, but honestly don't have the faintest idea about em. Done the Dm 500c so I know basically the setup for cable. But what sort of stuff am I looking at ie: Price and easiest of use, reliabilty. Oh and as much free tv as poss.

allycoops
21st March, 2008, 12:08 PM
speak to Thommo when he comes on line mate, he's not long bought an HD Sat system

ice2004
21st March, 2008, 01:58 PM
I just bought myself a motorised satellite setup and im over the moon with it. My setup cost me about ?230 all in.

1m dish, single LNB, motor, 20m white cable, satellite finder (kinda essential for a beginner) and f connectors came to ?118.

I then went for a DM500S clone as it was fairly cheap and i really wanted to just see what i could get before spending a whack on some great receiver. The DM500s is superb and simple to use the like cable version.

With the dreambox it is alot easier to card share (very difficult with most technomates). So now i have CS setup i pretty much have all satelite channels i could ever want.

You can get packages all setup that come with receivers but they are usually technomate and if you want to go down the CS route (which you eventually will i guess) then a dreambox is a better option.

Also if you want a smaller dish 80 or 90cm then the price will obviously be less as they are cheaper.

Devilfish
21st March, 2008, 02:52 PM
If you aren't going to go down the CS route, there's not a lot of packages that are hacked at the moment, Permiere, Polsat, TPS and DigiTV are probably the biggest. Premiere has 3pm Premiership games on a Saturday and Polsat has a lot of Scottish SPL games. Loads of movies on TPS and Premiere as well.

Ball that may change, those packages might change encryption then you won't be able to get them any more and you'd need to wait until someone hacks it again. But these things aren't usually locked for long and there's usually someone clever enough to hack them.

The sat scene is up and down.

father ted
21st March, 2008, 09:11 PM
i still have my old digital sat dish still on the wall and all the cable running into house can i utilise this for sat?wouldnt mind having a go at this , so could i cs and how do i do all this c`mon need help .............again youve wetted my appetite

Devilfish
21st March, 2008, 09:32 PM
First of all, we can talk about card sharing but if it involves UK SKY then it will be removed. The last thing we want is the Sky Cops breathing down our necks. Euro sky is fine. :)

So, you'll need a receiver with an ethernet slot...dreambox preferrably....either a 500s, 600s, 7000s, 7020 or 7025s. You use a mixture of emu and config files.

I've uploaded a tutorial. It's quite hard to get your head round it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=78

ice2004
21st March, 2008, 09:36 PM
IF anyone does need help with getting cs setup on CCcam i can help but i do only know how to set it up if its for CCcam no other emu. As said by Kaos its very difficult when reading about it but fairly simple when someone walks you through it.

father ted
21st March, 2008, 10:07 PM
First of all, we can talk about card sharing but if it involves UK SKY then it will be removed. The last thing we want is the Sky Cops breathing down our necks. Euro sky is fine. :)

So, you'll need a receiver with an ethernet slot...dreambox preferrably....either a 500s, 600s, 7000s, 7020 or 7025s. You use a mixture of emu and config files.

I've uploaded a tutorial. It's quite hard to get your head round it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=78

ah well thats me stopped then if its hard cause am about as much use as a chocolate fireguard