PDA

View Full Version : initial feed

qwertyballs
15th August, 2008, 05:55 PM
hello

I have just moved into a new place with cable and satellite connections installed. I tried eurovox but didn't pick up any channels. Does there need to be an initial connection to start the feed? Connection or switch at signal need flipped?

If so, second question what is the cheapest basic cable package available in uk? Or is there a way around it?

Prob been covered before but I'm surfing on a phone :-(

clit-eastwood
15th August, 2008, 06:19 PM
As long as the cable is live, you wont need any package.
hope this helps.

sherlock
15th August, 2008, 08:13 PM
hello

I have just moved into a new place with cable and satellite connections installed. I tried eurovox but didn't pick up any channels. Does there need to be an initial connection to start the feed? Connection or switch at signal need flipped?

If so, second question what is the cheapest basic cable package available in uk? Or is there a way around it?

Prob been covered before but I'm surfing on a phone :-(

you only need a phone line now as if you pay ?25 one off payment they will give you a box for freeview which will ensure line is live. If still available

Or just buy broadband or 2 for ?20, you can also test line with a video player will get about 11 chans, then you know it's live.

Also been told put your tounge on both wires (inner/outer) should get a shock. But i don't recommend this option and have not tried it.

But if ev box is on correct frequancy that should pickup chans to

clit-eastwood
17th August, 2008, 01:56 AM
Ha ha ha iv'e heard it all now, you got more chance of getting a shock from kissing a dogs ass. the cable feed for tv or broadband does NOT contain any electric whatsoever. the phone line does.

sherlock
17th August, 2008, 11:54 AM
Ha ha ha iv'e heard it all now, you got more chance of getting a shock from kissing a dogs ass. the cable feed for tv or broadband does NOT contain any electric whatsoever. the phone line does.

Well i,m pleased that someone else thought the same as me and had same reaction.

But wonder how many peeps did try (lol)

However after the above reply i thought i would test the above theory, so with fluke meter in hand placed ends on cable and low an behold got a reading of 0.512v on initial conection.

So what next to test the theory? ahhh a quick whistle and the unsuspecting reilly turns up, i must strees that he did not like the testing of this theory and as the probes touched he only went and ??? yes you guessed Farted.

But i can now confirm that it is less likely to get a shock from kissing a dogs ass than by the cable. Please dont go the next step with this theory (practical test)

I must admit that when testing cable i had a modem and amp conected, once these were disconected the voltage droped to 0.021.

westkill
17th August, 2008, 12:13 PM

getting a shock from kissing a dogs ass.

less talk about your love life please :thefinger::roflmao:

clit-eastwood
17th August, 2008, 12:24 PM
Sherlock, try plugging your dog into an amp and put your volt meter in the appropriate place and see if you get a reading, (thats if he dont bite your hand off). pmsl.

westkill, that was really funny lol