PDA

View Full Version : Faulty openmedia?

waqasahmed
2nd November, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hi, all I plugged my scart from my TV to the TV scart of my openmedia receiver, but I got really high contrast colours with no sound at all. I then connected my scart from my TV to the VCR port of my receiver, but I got a lighter look than before-I had black menu's before. Now it was more like a transparent black like with Vista/Windows 7 when windows are maximised. I have also noticed that it has yellow, red and white ports-what would you call these things? As I dont mind using them if they work :D

on_the_jazz
2nd November, 2009, 04:40 PM
The vcr output on most devices is lighter. Not sure why but its something I've noticed before too.
Have you tried a different scart cable? Also try changing the output type in the menu to something other than rgb (since your cable may not be rgb).

Those other 3 connectors are for composite. You can connect the yellow one for video and red and white are audio. The quality of this is far lower than scart though. Personally I would avoid using them.

waqasahmed
2nd November, 2009, 04:56 PM
The vcr output on most devices is lighter. Not sure why but its something I've noticed before too.
Have you tried a different scart cable? yup tried that. Still get the same thing

Also try changing the output type in the menu to something other than rgb (since your cable may not be rgb).
Tried that as well, just got a "no signal" message on my TV when scrolling through options :D

Before this, I also flashed via dreamup instead of telnet as I normally do. Also, is there an up to date file for video settings? As Im suspecting that my TV is pal? Its fairly recent but before it messed up, it was using the RGB+CVBS option

waqasahmed
2nd November, 2009, 06:17 PM
I took the main board out of the receiver thinking some solder points might have came loose as was the case with my other openmedia 500CS when the PSU board had a solder point broken, but I looked on this openmedia and I saw that when I moved the TV scart up and down, it wiggled a little more than the VCR scart

psats
2nd November, 2009, 08:21 PM
do you get this fault on both sat and cable

waqasahmed
2nd November, 2009, 08:29 PM
my sat setup is screwed at the moment, so cant really test that :D Also, this sort of thing happens whether or whether not a cable feed is in

psats
2nd November, 2009, 08:42 PM
my sat setup is screwed at the moment, so cant really test that :D Also, this sort of thing happens whether or whether not a cable feed is in

there is no need for cable sat feed to check the symtoms your saying your haveing #
just try the box on sat / then cable/ see if you get same..

waqasahmed
2nd November, 2009, 10:00 PM
psats, thanks for that info, however once I put my receiver back together(after pulling the board out) I reflashed it with a PLI Jade image seeing as though the DW one was in beta and enigma seems to have a better "feel" to it and to sell it off as faulty. I then switched the receiver on, and both scarts worked lol-before on my TV in the corner it said
Scart
Auto

Now it says

Scart
Pal

Maybe something in the settings as someone pointed out here, but there were no such settings for the DW image

psats
2nd November, 2009, 10:24 PM
i have never seen that fault on my cable side of the box useing any of the uk modded images.
sounds more like a bad flash than image settings fault

waqasahmed
2nd November, 2009, 10:31 PM
maybe so, but I did flash the same DW image twice-once using telnet and the other time using Dreamup and waiting for it to finish :D

psats
3rd November, 2009, 01:08 AM
if you use dreamup and both cables its done in couple of mins
its nice to find out you got it working anyway

just wish i had a magic wand to fix my sat tuner lol

waqasahmed
3rd November, 2009, 01:09 AM
Most of the time I only use telnet as its slightly quicker lol