PDA

View Full Version : VW key fob required Golf Mk6/Tiguan/Jetta, Skoda Yeti/Rapid/Octavia etc..

hid3
31st January, 2018, 04:41 PM
Hello.

Maybe anoyone have an orphan newer generation foldable key fob and willing to ship it inexpensively?

The problem is that mine broke in a really strange manner - the metal piece which holds the blade is cracked... :(

I visited all the local salvage yards and got "NO" answer for my query. They either claim not to have or sell those with entire ignition mechanism or even door locks.

I actually don't need the plastic part, PCB board, buttons, etc - I just need the metal part where the blade is attached.

Appreciate any help.

PS: mine looks like this: https://ibb.co/b2p0Dm

Thanks!

comizelu
31st January, 2018, 06:44 PM
Just buy a fob case,without transponder and pcb,than take off the metal piece you need.swap the blades and that's it..

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

hid3
31st January, 2018, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I was looking at this option @eBay..
What got scared me off is that these cases are Chinese made. I suspect they might not be exact fit to OEM key.
Don't want to swap all the electronics to Chinese case but had some doubt that the metal piece will fit my OEM key.

Anyway, I will peek for a few more days. If I won't manage to obtain an orphaned key then probably will need to pull the trigger on the Chinese fob case as a donor.

Thanks

hid3
11th March, 2018, 11:42 AM
Anyway, received the replacemen key fob case.
Chinese replacement is total crap. The PCB does not fit properly, the key unfold button is different size and located at slightly different spot. So the parts could not be reused :(