PDA

View Full Version : Using same map on another vehicle?

Rousie
31st January, 2018, 11:02 PM
So, we have 15 identical Mercedes Sprinter vans at work, all same year, etc.

I've purchased a tuned file from a good tuner to Remap one of them which also has a speed limiter in place as we’re looking at saving money on fuel, etc.

The current driver loves the changes and can live with a 75mph limiter in place so I’m looking at doing the others in the fleet.

I’m wondering if I can use that same file for the other vehicles or will I have to use a fresh read (via Kess) and have a new tune done for each?

Thanks everyone.

Ignasvw
31st January, 2018, 11:10 PM
You can read all your vans, then copy maps from tuned sprinter to other softs

Rousie
31st January, 2018, 11:29 PM
Ok, thanks! So what’s the best way to do this? Sorry for the n00b questions.

nickolasd
1st February, 2018, 07:32 AM
wrong info provided, post edited. my apologies to everyone.

Gavra
1st February, 2018, 07:41 AM
It is not nice and fair to give someone advice how to steal someone's work. Taking work from good tuner who spent 10 years learning to do it properly and you are advising to use copy/paste is disgusting. If you must do that , do it in PM , not here where many of tuners are providing FREE help when noob f****up.......

morgano
1st February, 2018, 08:13 AM
If he wanted to use the file from one sprinter in a whole fleet he obviously know nothing about this. Don't think he could either copy paste the changes made to the first van to the sw (probably different) of the other vans.

Best advice is ask the tuner good prices to tune whole fleet before ~~~~ the working vans and forget. Just start saving on fuel to recover the investment.

SO AS A GENERAL RULE, NO, YOU CANT USE SAME MAP ON ANOTHER VEHICLE IF YOU HAVE ZERO KNOWLEDGE.

donesko
1st February, 2018, 10:58 AM
If software versions are similar you can copy maps over. Send me on pm old & new file , I can copy differences for you.

Rousie
1st February, 2018, 10:21 PM
Sprinters are all the same year, as we bought them all at the same time...

SW# 6519021602
CRD3-651-WMDA1D6

morgano
1st February, 2018, 11:13 PM
Sprinters are all the same year, as we bought them all at the same time...

SW# 6519021602
CRD3-651-WMDA1D6

Then i answer like i did in the past for other members who asked same question before you.

Just flash the tuned map to a second van and you are out of doubts if it will work.

Should it work, flash the third, and so on....

should not, come and ask for help to recover the van.

The most accurate option? Contact the tuner and ask price to tune whole fleet.

Rousie
2nd February, 2018, 06:53 PM
Thank you for all the input.

The tuner who I’m using made a lot of promises and got a lot of things wrong, but I shouldn’t have expected more cause he was cheap.

Now he’s started the job, I’m lucky to get a response and I’ve been given a week to get them all done.

Basically, I have an hour with each vehicle, and that includes reading, sending the file off and writing back again!

If anyone can help or quote me, then I’d be more than happy to take that route.

I have around 10 vans left, all sporadic times when I can get access, all nice a nice map to give more torque as they’re always fully ladened and all need to be around 75mph restricted.

Thank you all again