PDA

View Full Version : nissan micra k12 immo problem

jumper1
1st February, 2018, 07:29 AM
hi everyone, i hope i can get help with mi car.
I just have an issue with (nats) my car is smart key. and one morning for no reason it didn't recognize my key fob. I was told by the mechanics that i have a failure key and need a new one and also needs to be programmed. After the new key arrives the car didn't start. few days later they told me that i need to replace the ignition kit. (computer, module and ignition switch) due to a malfunction on the electronic module attached to the ignition switch, this module is receiving power, but is not going thru the circuits to release the steering lock and sending the information back to the dongle. Also they told me that if i just buy the damage module is not going to work, because every module have a different code. At that point didn't sound logic to me the need to replace the whole system. and i start searching the web with info. (I'm not a mechanic but have some knowledge on basics ) and them i found the answer with nats repair manual posted on the web. it needs consult 3 plus nats or similar to re program the system if any module is replaced. Unluckily for me, i have not found any auto shop with this technology and even Nissan dealer doesn't have it. I'm in mexico. there is not much micras around at least to buy the ignition kit. I read that I can probably buy a clone consult software that includes nats but i don't know what interface can be compatible. I'm looking cheap because i just want to fix my car. Any information will be really appreciated. car is seating for over three months already. Attached pictures of the ignition kit, the one with the wires exposed is the damaged module. thanks

jumper1
19th February, 2018, 11:45 PM
I don't have any help so far anywhere, i'm trying to buy the keyless ignition kit set, but i need to know all the part that it needs to be change. Please, can someone help me? Thanks.

klaudio
20th February, 2018, 12:29 AM
I don't have any help so far anywhere, i'm trying to buy the keyless ignition kit set, but i need to know all the part that it needs to be change. Please, can someone help me? Thanks.

Hola, you said that the mechanic said you need a new smart key and program it, did it get programmed? since you're not using a electronic lock smith is going to be a bit hard to just take word from a mechanic as far as replacing all the parts. what happened to the old smart key, does it still lock, unlock car? could be that the electronic part of it is not good, if you have the new remote you could try to take to a tv repair and get the old eeprom install in the new one, remote functions might not work but smart key might, is a long shot, but I know what is like not having access to parts, as i live in a rock in the middle of the ocean, lol. Buena suerte, good luck.

ps, did you try the mechanical key? i believe that should work on the car.

jumper1
20th February, 2018, 07:21 AM
thanks for your reply klaudio, i didn't mentioned that the mechanical, is also a electronic lock smith. after he order the new key, he program it, but only work to lock and unlock the car, but the ignition system still lock, something is not right, the red light on dashboard is gone, but still not release the steering lock. he said is because the module in the steering is damaged. the old key is not recognized by the car anymore, not even to open it. and about the mechanical key, since i did buy it, didn't have it already. as i said before, went to nissan dealer and they told me that the software they use is been upgrade and my car is not longer supported.

klaudio
20th February, 2018, 09:20 PM
thanks for your reply klaudio, i didn't mentioned that the mechanical, is also a electronic lock smith. after he order the new key, he program it, but only work to lock and unlock the car, but the ignition system still lock, something is not right, the red light on dashboard is gone, but still not release the steering lock. he said is because the module in the steering is damaged. the old key is not recognized by the car anymore, not even to open it. and about the mechanical key, since i did buy it, didn't have it already. as i said before, went to nissan dealer and they told me that the software they use is been upgrade and my car is not longer supported.

If I'm correct if the immo light is off, the car should start as no parts have been change, usually the lock on the ignition is run by a solenoid from the bcm, if you bypass the lock or even use a screwdriver on the the back of the ignition it should start, unless the bcm is faulty, did you try running a obd2 diagnosis and are you getting any codes? I haven't had a problem like that before, I had mechanics break the steering lock solenoid before and I still manage to program a mechanical key, maybe someone else had this problem before and can give you better help.

jumper1
27th February, 2018, 09:29 AM
Hi Klaudio, sorry for late response , i was out of town for work. i do have 3 codes from the electronic lock smith, bcm code is p1611, and also there are 2 more codes from immo , B2013 and B2014, I was told from a friend few days ago that is a large company at the north of mexico which is very capable on every electronic car issues and ecu or module fix as well. I got in contact with them the very same day and the asked me about the codes, and they call me back 30 minutes later to told me that the ecu is not the issue, but a module in between is the faulty one, and again, they dont have the software to reset the immo and the only option they see is to get all the ignition kit. I been trying to find a ignition kit every where, but it looks like the key lees type is not very common. I wondering if is any way to change all the electronic keyless type for a regular key ignition type and get it running.

klaudio
27th February, 2018, 08:42 PM
Hi, the only way I see is to replace the whole ignition, bcm and ecu from a matching vehicle, I know it could be an expensive repair as there is no real help there, it will probably be the fastest way, with any luck you will find a cheap set, you might be able to get it in a couple of weeks if you decide to get the parts, ebay is usually a good place to start looking. https://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sop=7&_nkw=nissan+micra+k12+ecu+set saw some sets starting from around 70 Euros. There is a junk yard in New Zealand that might have the whole set if numbers match https://www.partsworld.co.nz/parts/nissan/march/6556_k12+2002-2010/103_electrical+switch%27s/390515

jumper1
28th February, 2018, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the info Klaudio, what exact number will need to match in order to replace the whole system?. i was reading about a possible solution buying just the ignition barrel and get the ecu re program to left hand drive in order to work. according with the post that way the immo system doesn't look for the steering modulo signal to start. I will continue this lead to find more info. in the mean time i will appreciate it if you can tell me which number needs to match just in case. Thanks again for your help.

klaudio
28th February, 2018, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info Klaudio, what exact number will need to match in order to replace the whole system?. i was reading about a possible solution buying just the ignition barrel and get the ecu re program to left hand drive in order to work. according with the post that way the immo system doesn't look for the steering modulo signal to start. I will continue this lead to find more info. in the mean time i will appreciate it if you can tell me which number needs to match just in case. Thanks again for your help.

Usually to do, you will need at least these 3 parts ecu, bcm and ignition antenna for a physical key, if you want it keyless you will need the smart ecu as well. If you get the vin# or frame# I could find out more.

jumper1
1st March, 2018, 06:02 PM
Hi Klaudio, vin#SJNFCAK125A365618.
I found some one breaking his micra, he will send me pictures of modules and ecu hopefully tomorrow. But according with the info that i read in other site regarding a module in the steering column needs to be replaced as well because is a right hand drive. Do you know something about it?

Dunker
1st March, 2018, 06:33 PM
Would have thought u need clocks, ecu, bcm, keys, column etc. Look on ebay for Micra K12 ECU kit. Bloody everything on a K12. They do say u will only ever buy one K12. Mind u, I say that about everything.

jumper1
1st March, 2018, 07:11 PM
Thanks Dunker, i did already, but unfortunately i need the key less type and there is nothing available at the moment. I will keep trying.

jumper1
18th April, 2018, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone, I did buy the set that i mentioned before from a guy breaking his in UK. ecu, comfort dongle, bcm, ignition barrel with keys. After waiting for a month for delivery here in Mexico, finally got it last weekend, and surprise, car didn't start, immo red light on dashboard was the same. and i did remember what Dunker mentioned about the clocks and module in steering column and I did felt disappointed to myself because I didn't ask for these parts. So I was ready to call this guy and ask him if he still have these parts available but I didn't because the time zone difference, so i tried something i did saw online time ago, switch on and leave it for 30 minutes and after that i did tried to start the car again and noting, did the same a couple more times with out any success. Next day I went to work and as soon I came back and before to do the phone call, i did this. turn the ignition switch on and removed the battery wires, (both) and I used a clamp to hold both of the wires together for 15 minutes, well, it was more than 40 minutes because I went to buy some stuffs and I got stuck on traffic. I returned switch to off position and removed the clamp and connect the wires to battery. turn the switch on (not trying to start the car) and wait for 2 minutes and return to off, turn again to on and wait 2 more minutes, but red light didn't change, but suddenly a few beeps sound came from somewhere , i think from the dash or steering column and sound from the door locks as well and the light went off and i was able to start the car, finally after almost 5 months my car is back. Thanks to Klaudio and Dunker for all the help provided.

klaudio
19th April, 2018, 03:00 AM
Is good to hear you sort it out. also good to know the procedure in case i get a similar one.