PDA

View Full Version : Getting Starview 5 up and running

forestboy
3rd November, 2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Folks,
Can anybody please help me to get my starview 5 box. I have not got a clue what firmware etc wot I need. A tuitorial would be really helpfull.
Thanks Forestboy

smoggy
3rd November, 2009, 04:16 PM
firmware here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/theboxsuperusb2_v2-03-20090923-bin-902/

instructions here post 207 (don't forget to thank dessertdog) http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/starview-5-firmware-56395/index14.html

edit : links updated

DESSERTDOG
4th November, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hi Folks,
Can anybody please help me to get my starview 5 box. I have not got a clue what firmware etc wot I need. A tuitorial would be really helpfull.
Thanks Forestboy

Did you get it up and running????

DD33
4th November, 2009, 05:48 PM
I have followed the install instructions to the letter but can not seem to access the secret menu... I am getting all the channels but can not unlock the emu... any ideas?

DESSERTDOG
4th November, 2009, 06:01 PM
If as you say you are getting all the channels whats the problem?

DD33
4th November, 2009, 07:06 PM
no what I meant was all the channels are there but I can not view movies, sports or any of the premium channels...

other words as I stated... I can not get into the secret menu to turn on Key EMU

smoggy
4th November, 2009, 07:48 PM
maybe the firmware hasn't loaded to your box
if you have a look in system information it will give details of firmware (I'm not sure what it should say but someone will be able to tell you if it is the correct one)

khenryashley
4th November, 2009, 08:07 PM
no what I meant was all the channels are there but I can not view movies, sports or any of the premium channels...

other words as I stated... I can not get into the secret menu to turn on Key EMU

What code are you using to try and access the secret menu and are you pressing menu before the code

DD33
4th November, 2009, 08:27 PM
followed this to the letter

1. Plug in the box and connect the cables
2.Format a usb stick in pc to fat32
3.Copy the firmware onto the stick via the PC.
4 Switch your box off completely and insert the usb in the rear socket.
5.Switch on the box wait for it to boot up.
6.Press menu and scroll to usb press ok
7.The firmware should start to transfer from the usb to the box.
8.Once this has done hit menu and key in 1570 with the remote.
this will bring up the secret menu hi light keycode and change it to on.
9.You should now be set to scan go into menu and select installation,choose automatic scan press ok then choose your provider hit ok again.
You should now get all channels your after.
If by any chance you dont get the channels try a different provider.

additional info... system info I have this

Model ID C531

S/W Version 2.00

Boot Version B-21

Date Aug 4 2009

DD33
4th November, 2009, 08:52 PM
thanks for all your help guys... wrong effin firmware... tried the Starview USB didnt realise it was USB II again thanks chaps all running :)

smoggy
4th November, 2009, 09:12 PM
good to see your sorted, doesn't matter how you get there as long as you do.