PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Injector pump, throttle seal leak

monfan47
3rd November, 2009, 04:41 PM
Hello, is it possible to renew the throttle seal without dismantling, on a endura 1.8 diesel engine,

Thank you

smirnoff_rules
4th November, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hello, is it possible to renew the throttle seal without dismantling, on a endura 1.8 diesel engine,

Thank you

must be a lucas one if its leaking l would think and no u have to take apart . it can be dont on the car . my diesel man has done a few for me years ago . about 100 quid job if l remember right

wer4
24th November, 2009, 11:12 PM
if its lucas the all you do is start dismantling the 2 throttle arms be mind ful you know where each spring goes the main throttle one will probably have a wot on top that comes off with three screws? i think and a small bit of fiddling. once you have done the nuts and the screws around the outside of the top you should be able to lift it up a bit and the push the two shafts down carefully.the stop shaft may well stay in the top just remember where everything goes even take photos as you are going but they both should stay on the pump when you lift the top off and you should see the o rings and take them off and just get the new ones out of an o ring kit as these are thicker and just about guarantee to be cheaper than the originals and work just as well.Good luck its really quite simple when you have it apart.Oh to make sure that the throttle nut and stop nut stay tight get some blue lok tite or something similar as they can come loose on you some time later!

Meat-Head
24th November, 2009, 11:16 PM
if its lucas the all you do is start dismantling the 2 throttle arms be mind ful you know where each spring goes the main throttle one will probably have a wot on top that comes off with three screws? i think and a small bit of fiddling. once you have done the nuts and the screws around the outside of the top you should be able to lift it up a bit and the push the two shafts down carefully.the stop shaft may well stay in the top just remember where everything goes even take photos as you are going but they both should stay on the pump when you lift the top off and you should see the o rings and take them off and just get the new ones out of an o ring kit as these are thicker and just about guarantee to be cheaper than the originals and work just as well.Good luck its really quite simple when you have it apart.Oh to make sure that the throttle nut and stop nut stay tight get some blue lok tite or something similar as they can come loose on you some time later!

Just think the two worst case scenarios are, no throttle on mottorway, or full throttle whist parking.