3rd November, 2009, 06:16 PM
hi all

is there anyone here that could tell me if i can program new engine ecu
i have car pass looks like credit card

the vehicle is corsa combi 51 plate with 1.7 dt engine
the ecu on top of inlet manifold area has pins corroded awy
have tried to repair
have got ecu coming from atp

i have not done anything like this so if some one could give walk through on how to do

many thanks tony

Sam-F
3rd November, 2009, 07:29 PM
This may help

Cannon535
3rd November, 2009, 08:13 PM
If this is the normal 1.7 di engine I don't think you need to code the ECU, it's plug and play.

tonyboy101
3rd November, 2009, 08:21 PM
i tried ecu off another corsa same engine but orange engine light flashed like mad and car would not start

busaman
3rd November, 2009, 08:22 PM
is it the izuzu or vauxhall engine and does it have a seperate pump ecu (if it has its right down the back of the engine)

if its a brand new ecu it will be totally blank and has to be programmed with TIS.

tonyboy101
3rd November, 2009, 08:31 PM
it is izuzu engine ecu is reconed i think its from company called atp cost ?375.00 will i cause any problems trying with opcom
yes pump down back of engine also has ecu fastened to it engine ecu on top of inlet manifold

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2009, 08:32 PM
it is izuzu engine ecu is reconed i think its from company called atp cost ?375.00 will i cause any problems trying with opcom

have a go and deny all knowage if it's no go.

busaman
3rd November, 2009, 08:37 PM
yes pump down back of engine also has ecu fastened to it engine ecu on top of inlet manifold

if its from ATP it should be free running with the correct program yo may have to enter the pin code four digits and op com will do it.

z786
3rd November, 2009, 10:19 PM
PDF file doesnt open, says its corrupt or sumtin, any1 can upload agen plzzzz

edit: working 2day lol

obdmaster
3rd November, 2009, 10:44 PM
ecu coding for the security system is done threw the immobiliser system on op com , you will probabvly need to reset and reprogram instrument cluster, body control unit and reprogram keys after programming ecu, dont worry its easier than it sounds and if you mess up it can always be corrected.:ciao:

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2009, 10:57 PM
if you mess up it can always be corrected.:ciao:

So what your saying is:

"If the phrase involves 'clucking bell', don't crack your shell,
just give OBDMASTER a bell, and your life won't be hell!"

busaman
4th November, 2009, 09:08 AM
try this one

tonyboy101
4th November, 2009, 06:52 PM
hi all

i have tried to program ecu got security code off card
also read security code in instrument cluster
but when put code in opcom it says wrong code
also when i read vin andkey code they differ to ones on security card
any help please

z786
4th November, 2009, 07:25 PM
hi all

i have tried to program ecu got security code off card
also read security code in instrument cluster
but when put code in opcom it says wrong code
also when i read vin andkey code they differ to ones on security card
any help please

you've most likely hav a different ecu fitted, original has been replaced so the pass is no good 2 u

busaman
7th November, 2009, 02:26 PM
does opcom recognise the code in instuments and not the ecu or not at all.

tonyboy101
8th November, 2009, 09:02 AM
op com comes up with same code in instruments as what is on key pass

dottecu
8th November, 2009, 01:15 PM
hi,i have problem whit opel astra G 1.4 ,engine motor is delco hsfi 2.1 ,engine original not work good but car start, i have ecu used of other car but have only ecu used and not reset,can i used op com and program ecu used in this car

busaman
9th November, 2009, 10:46 AM
op com comes up with same code in instruments as what is on key pass

then you have a different code in the engine ecu

tonyboy101
9th November, 2009, 06:37 PM
engine ecu is new from vauxhall

i gave up took it to the dealer they tried and said the system has been messed about with they told me it needed imobiliser unit and new chips for keys and all programing ?300.00 to be done incl parts labour and vat
so gonna bit bullet told them to go ahead

obdmaster
9th November, 2009, 07:13 PM

i gave up took it to the dealer they tried and said the system has been messed about with they told me it needed imobiliser unit and new chips for keys and all programing ?300.00 to be done incl parts labour and vat

Tony tony tony, you shouldnt give up that easily m8, we could of sorted it. Next time phone andy for ecu on that no. i pm you my friend, never mind m8.

obdmaster
9th November, 2009, 07:17 PM
hi,i have problem whit opel astra G 1.4 ,engine motor is delco hsfi 2.1 ,engine original not work good but car start, i have ecu used of other car but have only ecu used and not reset,can i used op com and program ecu used in this car
you will have to get security code off vehicle used ecu is off, this can be done by using op-com to read chassis then obtaining security code, then reseting ecu, then programing new security code, hope this helps

Meat-Head
9th November, 2009, 07:54 PM

Ask for the old parts back, and assuming everything being equal, eg exchance of persnall data, POST (rather than e-mail:hahaha:) the old parts to OBDMASTER for him to play with, thus proving (or disproving) they are screwed.

can understand the immboliser being changed, but odd how the chips in the keys need swapping, unless they are tx/rx chips?

besides i'm intreasted for furture reference if they are screwed, cos i'm going to buy an op-com from ebay when i get bored!!

tonyboy101
9th November, 2009, 08:41 PM
have asked for old parts see what they give me

obdmaster
9th November, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ask for the old parts back, and assuming everything being equal, eg exchance of persnall data, POST (rather than e-mail:hahaha:) the old parts to OBDMASTER for him to play with, thus proving (or disproving) they are screwed.

can understand the immboliser being changed, but odd how the chips in the keys need swapping, unless they are tx/rx chips?

besides i'm intreasted for furture reference if they are screwed, cos i'm going to buy an op-com from ebay when i get bored!!

opel security system 2 chips in keys can only be programmed once, unlike system 1 (corsa b etc) can be used again. old system 2 chips can be used on system 1 my friend MEAT-HEAD. Reason why theyre changing im*obiliser ecu is because they cant reset im*obiliser unit on vehicle (they dont know security code). So by using new unit they can program proper security code for vehicle into both im*obiliser ecu and engine ecu. Makes perfect sense to me!!!!!!!!!!!:dancing2:

Tony boy chips are around ?5 each (TRADE NOT FROM VAUXHALL), Reset immobiliser ecu(second hand but reset to original state) around ?50. I will do job for ?250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meat-Head
9th November, 2009, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=obdmaster;335508]opel security system 2 chips in keys can only be programmed once, unlike system 1 (corsa b etc) can be used again. old system 2 chips can be used on system 1 my friend MEAT-HEAD. Reason why theyre changing im*obiliser ecu is because they cant reset im*obiliser unit on vehicle (they dont know security code). So by using new unit they can program proper security code for vehicle into both im*obiliser ecu and engine ecu. Makes perfect sense to me!!!!!!!!!!!:dancing2:
QUOTE]

COMPRENDE, so what your saying is if you have a corsa b, vectra b, astra g, the immboliser keys are like 'scotch' video tapes 're-record, not fade away' yet an corsa-c, vectra-c, astra h are a WORM system, 'Wright Once Read Many'.

Slightly off topic, FOR INFORMATION REASONS ONLY but rellevent, you borrow/hire an astra, h, corsa-c, vectra-c and 'loose' the one and only key, the owner goes to dealer, with security card (you have a photo copy of security card), orders a new key to chassis number dealer erases all keys, programmes the new key.

The 'lost' key now won't start the car but will open it, so you get your ?25 op-com off ebay and use the photocopied security card, but the key won't reprogramme, so you go to the dealer and buy a new chip, reprogramme your new chip, one free car?

You then brake into a corsa-c or astra f or g (security code in glovebox)
snap off steering lock and programme the 'dead' chip you 'lost' to this
car, then high ho silver away?

(Punto II, old keys that are not re-programmed at the time of new keys, should be sharpened with a bench-grinder and used with a dart's board)

tintin2005
22nd November, 2009, 12:04 AM
hello

does anybody have the complete manual for op-com?

thanks in advance

tintin2005

caramelage
21st September, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hello
does anybody have the complete manual for OP-COM 090820b?
please.

thanks....

dik
22nd September, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hello
does anybody have the complete manual for OP-COM 090820b?
please.

thanks....
Take a look here http://opcomforum.yolasite.com/guides-and-info.php

yoluserkan
25th February, 2011, 09:40 AM
I tried to read security code eeprom with opcom. The pro***287;ram didnt give answer when ***305; push read security code buttton. How can I manage