PDA

View Full Version : Its SNOWING Guys

^^TommyTee
3rd November, 2009, 06:21 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NJ4JFBfr1tY/Su_7z8eH4gI/AAAAAAAAAaw/V7pRV0JSmMw/s320/blacksn0w2.jpg

yeah baby!

Today 11/3/09 is a sn0w day. School is officially cancelled, and all your iPhones will be unlocked. Remember getting those calls?
At Noon EST, 5 PM GMT, I will be making it sn0w, and I'm looking to see "#blacksn0w" trending. blacksn0w is the unlock for the latest 05.11.07 baseband, and will also enable official tethering. blackra1n, a jailbreak for 3.1.2, has been updated to RC3, with hacktivation support, 15 second speed improvement, Tiger+PPC support, and installation of the latest blackra1n.app. Here is how getting yourself some sn0w and ra1n will work.
Nothing is live until Noon
If you are a loyal blackra1n user who kept the blackra1n.app on your iPhone, run it. You will see Icy replaced by an option "ra1n". Install this to upgrade your app. After upgrading, run blackra1n.app again. You will see "sn0w". Install this, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
If you are new to the scene, just looking for an unlock, finally ready to upgrade to 3.1.2 and the accompanying baseband, willing to restore for the latest and greatest, or stuck on the "Connect to iTunes" screen, you are in luck. Jailbreaking and unlocking have never been easier. Go to blackra1n.com, click on the logo corresponding to your operating system, run the app, and click "make it ra1n". When your phone reboots, you'll see blackra1n.app. Run this, install blacksn0w, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
If you jailbroke using pwnage or deleted your blackra1n.app, you are in luck too. Sometime later in the sn0wday, blacksn0w will be added to Cydia, and instructions will be posted here.
If you are on a 2G iPhone, blacksn0w isn't an option for you. But BootNeuter is, a completely free permanent unlock for your 2G. Of course, blackra1n will work great, and even hacktivate for you.
If you have been getting 404 errors when downloading from blackra1n.com, first off, be sure you use the links at blackra1n.com If you are, something is blocking your http referrer.
Thanks to ih8sn0w for bringing the at+xemn command to my attention. This is the injection vector used to get code running on the baseband. One of these days I will write a technical post about how it works.
Also, a note. This may be the best iPhone users ever have it. Be sure, if you have a 3GS or iPod Touch 3, to use Cydia's "On File" or Firmware Umbrella in order to be able to restore to 3.1.2 in the future. And as always, the baseband cannot be downgraded, so be *super* careful with updates if you need the unlock.
Check back here at Noon EST for the official launch announcement

dell_xps
3rd November, 2009, 07:18 PM
Someone post up a few pics of it please, mines is jailbroken and unlocked already so no point in me doing it lol !!

^^TommyTee
3rd November, 2009, 07:54 PM
blacksn0w is live

blacksn0w is a free unlock for the latest iPhone 3G and 3GS
blackra1n is a super simple jailbreak used to install unlock
new visitors, go to blackra1n.com download and have fun
blackra1n RC3 is also live for both Windows and Mac!!! Clean firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 are recommended.
Updates:
Unlock!!!
Hacktivation
Keep legit activation if activated before running app
15 seconds faster, you'll feel it
Tiger + PPC support
Go to blackra1n.com to download
For support, blackra1n.support at gmail...but read this first
blacksn0w is also available on Cydia, add blackra1n.com as repo
requires firmware >= 3.1 and baseband 05.11.07
iClarified has made some nice tutorials:
Windows
Mac
And if you appreciate:

kyle2211
27th December, 2009, 04:57 PM
hi all,

i've got an iphone 3g 8gb which is locked to o2, i would like to unlock it to put an orange sim in, i've jailbroke it using blackrain but when i try to access blackrain i have no internet access obviously because i have no sim in!, i've done it before with the 2nd gen but cant remember how!

as always all help appreciated

cheers!

Mjolinor
27th December, 2009, 05:00 PM
You need to use wifi not a sim to access the internet.