PDA

View Full Version : ford focus immo off

gadroulll
3rd November, 2009, 07:21 PM
does anyone knows where immo is located on a ford focus ecu 1.4 eec-v ?
can i remove immo ? or can i change some chips with a good ecu i have?

ecu has ignition problem and also burn smd tranzistor bcr133 or smd code wcs.

also igbt 5401 has been burnt replacemennt with mgp20n40cl

nazz2
3rd November, 2009, 08:10 PM
i did a KA which the ecu and immo were integerated,took the ecu apart and sure enough the big track was burnt,upon inspection found out the the ign coil pack was short,so i will check this before connecting to the car,i found that out by hard way,since it below up the second ecu!

on ka it was held by 3x shear bolts,on the passenger side on the a pannel. next to the obd socket ,if not sure just follow the lead which goes from the aerial loop to the immo/ecu.

nazz2
3rd November, 2009, 08:16 PM
sorry i forgot to say,yes if you find the immo chip,you can desolder and put it on the new ecu,cant remember exactly the chip no,but it was a 32 leg at the bottom ,to the left ,on the board of the ka, eecv ,type Area..

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2009, 08:25 PM
just for reference the fords when replacing ecus for warranty you need to fit new coils, secondly only fit genuine ford coils, ?30 more but you know they will last more than 2miles.

gizmo666
27th May, 2010, 07:40 PM
i have a same type of problem with ford puma 1999 1.7l zetec, ecu is eec-v and car not start.
We have change a new coil pack and still no spark... maybe its ecu problem or can it be immobilizer?
Please help with this....

dimitar
27th May, 2010, 08:12 PM
i have a same type of problem with ford puma 1999 1.7l zetec, ecu is eec-v and car not start.
We have change a new coil pack and still no spark... maybe its ecu problem or can it be im*obilizer?
Please help with this....

Immo cuts fuel only. Look for a problem elsewhere

bimmer-2
27th May, 2010, 08:35 PM
i had this before on 2002 or 2003 focos the ecu was in the kick panal right hand side by the a post with shear bolts sent it off for repair with the key came back ok but the comperny that repaired it said i must change the coil pack for the grantee and as meat-head said above go for the genuine ford

gizmo666
27th May, 2010, 09:25 PM
okey so its not a immo problem, its good to know:)
We have change a genuine frod ignination coil but still no spark and we really believe at this is ecu-problem...

I have repaired some bosch ecus before too but maybe someone can give me a little tips what components usually faults in these ecus?

gizmo666
11th November, 2010, 01:27 PM
our problem is solved, dealer program ecu and everything start to work...

kugglefischer
31st May, 2011, 08:57 AM
sorry i forgot to say,yes if you find the immo chip,you can desolder and put it on the new ecu,cant remember exactly the chip no,but it was a 32 leg at the bottom ,to the left ,on the board of the ka, eecv ,type Area..

hello
can you be a bit more precise on which chip it is? is it the plcc 32 pin, that your describing?
id appreciate it, because im looking to transfer the immo from one ecu to another, and i cant find anything else that has 32 pins.........
all help is appreciated!

thanks

K:beer:

PierreTheron
1st June, 2011, 09:44 PM
hello
can you be a bit more precise on which chip it is? is it the plcc 32 pin, that your describing?
id appreciate it, because im looking to transfer the immo from one ecu to another, and i cant find anything else that has 32 pins.........
all help is appreciated!

thanks

K:beer:

I think..

Repost as new thread in immo section . Maybe some member can then pick it up and help..
:beer::beer:

ecufix
2nd June, 2011, 05:35 AM
I will post part number when I get to work , it is a 28 pin not 32 pin plcc . regards

kugglefischer
27th September, 2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks ecufix....
Looking forward to that part number....
ive got another one of the eec ecus's here with that same problem...coil driver burnt!

thanks