PDA

View Full Version : GOLF 7 GTI AND GTD

DJairbag
11th February, 2018, 08:47 PM
Hello,

i would like to know. A Golf 7 GTI and a GOLF 7 GTD. The GTI is from 0 to 100 in 6,4 and the GOLF 7 GTD in 7,4. So as i know diesel car has better accelerate in the beginning but in the ende the GTI is faster,
What not understand both cars have 2.0 Engine and both has turbo. So the only difference is just the benzin and the diesel why the GTI WINS ?

sdtsedat
12th February, 2018, 03:10 AM
Hello,

i would like to know. A Golf 7 GTI and a GOLF 7 GTD. The GTI is from 0 to 100 in 6,4 and the GOLF 7 GTD in 7,4. So as i know diesel car has better accelerate in the beginning but in the ende the GTI is faster,
What not understand both cars have 2.0 Engine and both has turbo. So the only difference is just the benzin and the diesel why the GTI WINS ?Because the GTI have more HP.
Tune the GTD to same HP and let see what hapiness..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

DJairbag
12th February, 2018, 10:02 AM
understand, but why has more hp when the engines exactly the same ?

morgano
12th February, 2018, 10:41 AM
Because engines not "exactly the same".

Just see revlimit on both cars and you will see.

freeesty
12th February, 2018, 11:15 AM
the engine is the same? They are both 2l, but thats the only similarity. The GTI is 220hp, the GTD 184hp. The GTD with a stage1 chip tuning would be around 220hp, and 0-100 in 6,5s.

DJairbag
12th February, 2018, 07:23 PM
so i have now upload photo, rpm is on GTI until 8000 and on GTD is until 6000.

so that is reason right ?

jnoroeste
12th February, 2018, 07:42 PM
Hello,

What not understand both cars have 2.0 Engine and both has turbo. So the only difference is just the benzin and the diesel why the GTI WINS ?

Hi M8, over 200 posts but....
You simply cant compare petrol with diesel engines, nothing is equal,
Power, torque or cubic inches are not enough to make comparations far than v max or aceleration ratio.....
Regards.

DJairbag
12th February, 2018, 09:03 PM
Friend, this are my third post of tuning - i just want understand the difference but nobody explain it so to understand it.

What i know now is that the rpm by diesel is lower then by Benzin. Diesel until 6000 RPM and Benzin until 8000 rpm. The Diesel car has most TORQUE by 2000 RPM to 3000 RPM the benzin has more HP because it has more RPM but what not understand why it is not possible to make diesel engine same RPM like Benzin car. It is easy question but still nobody answear of this.

thanks!

jnoroeste
13th February, 2018, 12:05 AM
Hi M8, thatīs the goal, diesel engined had to deal with very high presures inside cilinder compared with petrol engines, this made necesary the use of stronger internals that as result are heavier than petrol internals, stroke is usually larger in diesels and this is a limit in the speed engine,due this diesels are slow revving up and by the same reason, got more inertia to handle, the diesel burn slower than petrol and this make another limits.
About temperatures...diesel engines are working with higher temperatures but if we talk about exaust gases, petrols are more higher, by this reason we donīt find tgv turbochargers in petrol.

This are just some of the points you should have in mind before to try to compare engines.
Regards.

AVDigitale
13th February, 2018, 02:51 PM
GTI and gasoline is some diferent thing, Gasoline is first ,diesel second :)

Myjector
13th February, 2018, 04:20 PM
The explosion in the cylinders are more powerfull in an petrol engine.
Petrol engine create more revs so the power curve is different and will gian whit the revs wile diesel flats of after 3000rpm.
Most petrol engines have also smaller stroke and different compression and cam's are completly different also

hxkenneth
13th February, 2018, 04:33 PM
Petrol and diesel engines are completely different.

Diesel engines rev slower because the engine components are heavier (necessary to withstand high compression ratio and pressure)

DJairbag
14th February, 2018, 11:53 PM
The explosion in the cylinders are more powerfull in an petrol engine.
Petrol engine create more revs so the power curve is different and will gian whit the revs wile diesel flats of after 3000rpm.
Most petrol engines have also smaller stroke and different compression and cam's are completly different also

friend what means cam's ???

And you say the explosion in benzin cylinder are more powerfull, please tell me the compression in diesel cars is higher how is it possible that explosion is benzin is more powerful ?