PDA

View Full Version : TCAM - my very first CAM & sources

jansenjw
17th August, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hi

I have been developing a CAM using the rqcamd sources' cardserver client. Since I am a supporter of open source hereby the binary AND all sources. Makefile included.

This was the first effort to rewrite my code into something readable. Its C++ (Makefile calls C++ compiler and linker) and there is a lot of comment to explain the code.

Hope you like it, my plan is to cleanup the code somewhat more, stabilize it, extend it with emu's (currently ONLY a valid card is supported - so its completely legal :-). Feel free to experiment and steal parts of it. Any questions/feedback on the implementation are welcome. I am writing documentation on the DVB technology behind it, but to be honest the comments should speak for itself.

Oh yes, just to confirm: it was build for PLi images which are known to use a specific CAMPT device and uses DVB API 1. Just copy it to the DB and run it from the command line. Be sure that /dev/cardserver is running and that you have a valid card inserted. I personally export and mount the development filesystem on VMware on the dreambox so after compilatio I can immediately run the binary.

Download the sources here (http://www.tupos.nl/?sel=15&nav=5)

ANY HELP/TESTING IS WELCOME

jansenjw
17th August, 2008, 03:51 PM
if you prefer not to follow the link, here is the ZIP file.

Btw, if you are looking for a VMware development image for Dreambox, please checkout the link above as well, I placed a 4GB Linux VM containing the CVS and OE devt environment on my personal website.

Devilfish
18th August, 2008, 07:39 AM
Thank you for all your time and effort jansenjw and thank you for posting your findings here on the forum!

ziada
26th August, 2008, 02:38 PM
Thank you for sharing ...

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th August, 2008, 02:43 PM
thanx alot for ur time although these are no good to me hopefully it is for others.

Dr.Strangeluv
10th December, 2008, 12:35 PM
if you prefer not to follow the link, here is the ZIP file.

Btw, if you are looking for a VMware development image for Dreambox, please checkout the link above as well, I placed a 4GB Linux VM containing the CVS and OE devt environment on my personal website.

Greetings jansenjw,

This project of yours is a mint m8. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

The Dr.

PS: How do I download the 4gb VM that you mentioned? The download from the link you gave is not working. Did anyone else manage to download it and can help me?

billydragon
12th May, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thank your for your share. I trey make my Owner CAM to support our Provider crazy DTH in Vietnam. This share will help me to modify easy. Thanks again.

billydragon
16th May, 2009, 10:08 AM
Can you explaint to me this line?

#include "/data/dreambox/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/staging/powerpc-linux/include/ost/ca.h"

where to get ca.h file?
Thank