PDA

View Full Version : starview pvr missing channels

steady--1
17th August, 2008, 09:00 PM
I have the starview pvr, all was ok upto about 2-3 weeks ago, I lost some of the discovery channels, virgin 1 and cnn there may be one or two more that I dont know of as well
I tried rescanning with auto scan, have done a factory reset and auto scanned, it does not seem able to find some channels as I now only have the discovery realtime channels, the other discovery channels aren't found and niether is cnn
my sons kryptview box picks up all channels so this appears to be just the starview pvr playing up
any help greatly appreciated

bub
18th August, 2008, 10:36 AM
do you pick up the channels and they are blank or can you not pick them up at all?
If you can pick them up but they are scrambled do a manual scan with the correct frequency for that channel. If you cant tune into that channel at all your box might have a weak tuner, which is suprising for starviews as they have excellent tuners. Might then be worth trying a signal booster

steady--1
18th August, 2008, 07:41 PM
I am not getting the channels that I mentioned when I scan
I was was recording something on discovery one night, and the recording did not complete when I went to the discovery channel, the channel was black. the channels that I mentioned are now not picked up when I scan
my signal levels are 76%-80%, quality is 100%, I did try a booster from ebay a couple of months ago, but it did not improve signal levels at all so I sent it back

bub
21st August, 2008, 07:40 AM
can you do a factory re-set and reflash the image and then re-scan. What image version are you using?

bub

jbvid
22nd August, 2008, 06:08 PM
@steady--1
Hi
Do you have the latest FW installed v4.506 Oct?
Also if you have a splitter in the line, try a scan without it to see if any improvements.
jbvid