PDA

View Full Version : edc16u34 repair

scelestic
17th February, 2018, 02:00 PM
I'm trying to repair a edc16u34 ecu (1.9tdi volkswagen) and I'm stuck identifying one sot-23 part.

The print on the part is '9SW 73' and I've found some readable images [1] online showing the part and parts around it, it's the one in the upper right corner.

[1] http://www.autoelectric.by/images/vw/B6_1_9_EDC16U34/9.JPG

All SMD database/lookup sites don't even have 9S(W) listed, also most chips around it are very hard to get info about to better guess what function the part has.

The closest I've come was 'ADM809SART-REEL7'; in the datasheet [2] the packaging branding matches 9SXX but the datasheet mentions XX is the date code.

[2] http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADM803_809_810.pdf

I'm hoping someone on here could point me in the correct direction finding this part.

Thanks!

diyre
18th February, 2018, 07:19 PM
In theory seems a transistor, but have seen the majority of times that carry his own code and there is not possibility to find at all of information out of the own technical service.
Being of ecu of VAG, are not expensive and there are many, the best is to replace by another of occasion.
I have one of favours, does not communicate and there is not at all of occasion.
One that found, at all economic.... When I arrive taenia the same problem. This type of transistors surely will be to activate valves of vació or something like that.
A greeting

scelestic
6th March, 2018, 08:27 PM
Thought they might be re branded or otherwise obfuscated, I've ordered a bdm100 and will try to read the contents to clone it to another ecu. Thanks for the response!

scelestic
16th March, 2018, 08:19 PM
To answer my own question, the 9SW sot-23 is a A4s (BAV70 diode). The new ECU I reflashed turned out to be one with correct labels on the parts. I just wanted to update my post in case someone else ended up looking for the same part.

The car is now running good after cloning the ECU, glad cloning was fairly easy and worked, if anyone needs 'real' part numbers of an EDC16U34 I should be able to look them up, I made some photos

federicoch
3rd September, 2019, 07:59 PM
Hi When I was trying to open the ecu, unintentionally, I broke a component, could you tell me what it is, says 4vw75 thanks you! https://imgur.com/a/fYCBKsm

federicoch
3rd September, 2019, 08:00 PM
Hi When I was trying to open the ecu, unintentionally, I broke a component, could you tell me what it is, says 4vw75 thanks you! https://imgur.com/a/fYCBKsm

Bluueelfer
19th May, 2020, 08:53 AM
Hi. when opening, the blue circle capacitor fell off. Can someone tell me the values?

Fuller
7th September, 2023, 06:58 AM
To answer my own question, the 9SW sot-23 is a A4s (BAV70 diode). The new ECU I reflashed turned out to be one with correct labels on the parts. I just wanted to update my post in case someone else ended up looking for the same part.

The car is now running good after cloning the ECU, glad cloning was fairly easy and worked, if anyone needs 'real' part numbers of an EDC16U34 I should be able to look them up, I made some photos

Hi,
What was the isuue of your broken part, I have a problem with my car is cranking but no start and I haven't signal on BUK9620 and injectors are't opening. In ECU I heven't any DTC's. I changed the ECU for another and clone it but I still have the same problem and I don't know if both ecu's are broken or something else

kiszka
7th September, 2023, 07:51 AM
Hi,
What was the isuue of your broken part, I have a problem with my car is cranking but no start and I haven't signal on BUK9620 and injectors are't opening. In ECU I heven't any DTC's. I changed the ECU for another and clone it but I still have the same problem and I don't know if both ecu's are broken or something else
Me, I would look for another fault

Fuller
7th September, 2023, 08:17 AM
Me, I would look for another fault

What do you mean? The fuel is comming to injectors, car is starting from start spray. Additionally I give fuel from bootle by external pomp. Crankshaft sensor is replaced by new. Injectors was cliking when i give it a power to them directly.
This is the signals from injector (yellow) and crankshaft sensor (red). I think the injector signal is too small to open the electrovalve.
And I think the 76432S mosfet isn't opening corectly and doesn't give a power to coils

kiszka
7th September, 2023, 12:55 PM
What do you mean? The fuel is comming to injectors, car is starting from start spray. Additionally I give fuel from bootle by external pomp. Crankshaft sensor is replaced by new. Injectors was cliking when i give it a power to them directly.

This is the signals from injector (yellow) and crankshaft sensor (red). I think the injector signal is too small to open the electrovalve.

And I think the 76432S mosfet isn't opening corectly and doesn't give a power to coils
thinks that I will believe that the two ECUs are damaged identically
do not try to fix the symptoms look for the cause of the symptoms

Fuller
7th September, 2023, 01:35 PM
thinks that I will believe that the two ECUs are damaged identically
do not try to fix the symptoms look for the cause of the symptoms

I think that and I'm looking for another one ECU and waiting for results.

EDIT:

YOU HAVE RIGHT!! :D I was tryed another ECU and... engine was started and was stoped sudently but I'm not copy them yet ;)
NOW I must copy the immo and I think anythink is good and must working :D

Thank's ;)

EDIT:
Soo I copyed eeprom and I have the same situation no errors and car wasn't start. I think the eeprom in orginal ecu was corupted