PDA

View Full Version : Ktag 7.02 edc17c59

mack0r
19th February, 2018, 01:44 PM
I tried to read edc17c59 by ktag 7.02 china clone and unfortunately it failed. I received a message to check the connections. During reading, the green LED slowly pulsed. Is this normal? Should it not shine with continuous light like when reading bdm?
the edc16 reading was ok...
I used cables and resistors according to the instructions. Should I use a gpt cable for reading? According to the instructions, I should use a tricore cable and 144300T105 cable and two 470ohm resistors. unfortunately it did not work

sdtsedat
19th February, 2018, 01:50 PM
You need read this with GPT cable for reading. Slowly pinking green light = No connection.
This green light need to pink ON and blue light must pinking fastly so you have connection.

It is very difficult ecu for me.. Maybe connection problem on resistors or no good contact. There are adapters for do this ecu without problems.

mack0r
19th February, 2018, 01:57 PM
thanks for the answer. so I had to use gpt cable? Not the one that Ksuite suggests? Pretty complicated connections, I will have to buy a frame with probe...

sdtsedat
19th February, 2018, 02:20 PM
For some ecu's you need use GPT cable. Propably 144300105T
When you open K-TAG and select this ecu, you can see connection instructions, so choose direct connection and you see what to use and how to connect.

I was trying read EDC17CP50 and i was also not sure for use GPT cable, so need use tricore + GPT cable for newer ecu's.
In this case for your Opel Insignia is the same situation.

carmageddon
19th February, 2018, 02:35 PM
ksuite for this ecu have only gpt connection, but the tool need to be upgraded if are china

the help is named : ITA_L_EDC17_OPEL_GPT

using frame or direct connection you must always use rainbow cable 144300T105 to pick one gpt pin

mack0r
19th February, 2018, 02:51 PM
My ktag reworked exchanging transistors on WFs. The rest seems ok. Apparently there was no connection somewhere. Maybe the tricore cable was damaged. In the previous KTag I also had to improve the tricore cable because it was factory damaged.

mack0r
20th February, 2018, 07:32 PM
I checked the tricore cable and the second cable and are ok, do not need to be improved. I have a question if if ktag worked well after bdm then tricore should also or not? If the device is ok because I read after bdm so it looks like wrong soldering... Is it possible that bdm works ok but tricore is not?