PDA

View Full Version : Dont throw your yellow brick away

aftermath
21st March, 2008, 06:35 PM
I snapped the" Gain" dial on my yellow brick today.

so i had a go of fixing it, and was surprised how easy it is to do.

1.Unscrew the 4 screws that holds the yellow casing together.
2.The metal tuner box inside is sealed with a metalic tape, , run a stanley knife along the 4 sides, to be able to take the lid off.
3.There is 2 green pillars , one for the Slope and one for the Gain dial, you need to pull the front panel off the one thats snapped, dont take the back or the 2 sides off , as these have metal contacts for the adjustment of the tuner.
4. make a little slit or crack on the top, just enough to open and get the little black block that is attached to the piece that was left after it was snapped.
5. you can either twist the yellow screw untill you get enough room to re superglue the piece that was snapped. Or you can ( as i did ) twist the yellow screw till the block is right near the top, and put it back in its place. MAKE SURE THE 3 METAL CONTACTS TOUCH THE ONES INSIDE THE GREEN PILLAR.
6. re-boot your dreambox/dbox , and check the SNR , make sure it is on 95%, if its not just alter the yellow screw till it does, buy make sure you re boot the box after each time you fiddle with it.
7. Once you get the 95% SNR , superglue it in place. And re- assemble the box.

P.S When you are messing inside the box, please make sure you are disconected from your Dreambox/ Dbox and Mains.

This method worked for me, although i can no longer adjust the yellow brick, but it saves me from having to buy a new one, and i have only lost 2 channels . E4 and E4+1 ( so i aint that bothered as they are on my freeview anyway.

almar01sg
9th May, 2014, 12:10 PM
hi can post a picture, so that we can understand yr explanation.
thanks

aftermath
9th May, 2014, 01:06 PM
that was 6 years ago, times have moved on and the yellow boxes re in museum`s now.

almar01sg
11th May, 2014, 02:58 AM
Hi Aftermath, nevermind thanks to hear fr u so u still very active in here.
after reading fr yr post i found that is related issue to some other model which had similar problem
but i dont know technology got change . And happily type the reply without checking the date.