PDA

View Full Version : Kess V2 bootloader adapter (clone)

Myjector
20th February, 2018, 08:04 PM
Hi all,

Recieved my Kess (reworked) and i want to unlock an VW ecu before programming by ecu.
But before trying i installed the bootloader adapter on my kess with an stabile powersupply (13.8v) for testing but i get no 12v on the end of my red wires
Also connected the "led" adapter to check if i get power and no power.
In Ksuite i see my voltage when powersupply is on, or can i put directly voltage to the ecu instead on the adapter?

Greetings

schouten1977
20th February, 2018, 11:58 PM
you can give directly power to ecu

Myjector
21st February, 2018, 09:00 AM
Hi, Is the adapter not used to switch the power on/off during the programme? like dash on/off
Normally kess gives 5v output to switch the mosfet in the adapter?

morgano
21st February, 2018, 09:09 AM
The tricore module of the kess manages the ecu feeding. Is normal that "in standby" you get no voltage on the red wires.

Myjector
21st February, 2018, 09:14 AM
And do you know why the give an adapter with red led with it?
Yes i try to measure the voltage during connection but without ecu and had also no power on the wires wile try to run an unlock programme

dtip
21st February, 2018, 12:32 PM
And do you know why the give an adapter with red led with it?
Yes i try to measure the voltage during connection but without ecu and had also no power on the wires wile try to run an unlock programme

What "unlock program" with tricore module?

Myjector
21st February, 2018, 03:10 PM
Unlock ECU of VW passat 105hp 1.6tdi
Have to look up the protocal and ecu type
If ecu is unlocked i can programme thru obd always

dtip
21st February, 2018, 03:23 PM
you want to read pcr 2.1 in bootmode, just do it like in ksuite manual and there should be no problem.

Myjector
22nd February, 2018, 07:49 AM
you want to read pcr 2.1 in bootmode, just do it like in ksuite manual and there should be no problem.

Thx! Need all of the resitors to be removed before closing back the Ecu?

morgano
22nd February, 2018, 09:29 AM
AFAIK pcr 2.1 cannot be read in bootmode by kess/ktag, just unlock. And is not using tricore module adapter but its own unlock cable already added in china set for kess.

Regarding the resistors... need to be removed or ecu will not work on car as it will be stuck in permanent bootmode and interlal sw will not be running to make the car live.

Myjector
22nd February, 2018, 09:37 AM
AFAIK pcr 2.1 cannot be read in bootmode by kess/ktag, just unlock. And is not using tricore module adapter but its own unlock cable already added in china set for kess.

Regarding the resistors... need to be removed or ecu will not work on car as it will be stuck in permanent bootmode and interlal sw will not be running to make the car live.

Hey, Ksuite says unlock ecu with tricore adapter and than read an write thru obd by kess.
Wich cable is it that you mean?

dtip
22nd February, 2018, 11:25 AM

What adapter? You are maybe thinking of bdm pins adapted? Kess is using tricore bootloader module and standard cable, not sure about ktag.

morgano
22nd February, 2018, 01:24 PM
There is special cable for pcr 2.1 unlock with kess. Don't mean if you mess with tricore module adapter it wont work.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180222/59ec1ee40c1fe23deebfff103418fb6b.jpg