PDA

View Full Version : Peugoet 308 SE 1.6 HDI (2007) issues

Drefsab
22nd February, 2018, 12:39 PM
Hi guy's im after some advice at first please, I've had a nightmare with my 308 that I recently bought, its been having the Depolution system faulty message popping up on me, then the day I got a code reader to check the code the turbo blew on me. So I ended up with a hefty bill to repair it but the garage said the reason im getting the Depolution system faulty message is because the DPF has been knocked through and the temperature differential readings arn't right so its throwing code P2032.

I've been doing reading and the only way to get rid of the message is either fit a new DPF or get the ECU remapped. So I am wanting to look into doing that myself because I've spent way to much money on it already to pay a professional remapper.

Im no stranger to hardware hacking, from chipping consoles, JTAGing xbox's etc so I'm not a total novice but I also understand that it's best to do your reading before you attempt anything.

My car has a Bosch EDC16 ECU, I was looking at getting a MPPS cable to do everything via the ODB2 port however I've read that this is dangerous in that I could end up wiping the injector codes/immob etc and that I should be looking at using BDM100 (probably would get a frame to make life easier). Does anyone have any experience to advise if this is correct?

Second of all I'm wondering whats best to do once I can get the ECU read, obviously I'm wanting the DPF removed, but I've read that I should also have the EGR turned off to (apprently reduces the soot in the oil which is part of why the turbo blew because the oil hadnt been changed properly and was all corrupted). I've not blanked the EGR but I was under the impression that if its off on the ECU you dont need to blank it as the valve just never opens. I don't want any performance boost for now I just want the warning lights to go off and keep the car running healthy and see only new/valid errors.

Thanks for the help/advice in advance.