PDA

View Full Version : which pvr box do i buy.

terrain
18th August, 2008, 04:22 PM
hi, i was going to buy the eurovox ex 5000 pvr cable box to view all the virgin media channels, is there a box i can buy that lets you record one channel while watching another Chanel as i don't think the eurovox box can do this. any advice would be helpful.

Curious123
18th August, 2008, 04:32 PM
The dreambox DM7025 can have two tuners so you could record one channel and watch another channel. I brought myself a DM600C so that record soemthing but looking back I can't remember the last time I actually recorded anything on my box. Once the initial novelty wears you find most rarely record anything on their box.

bub
21st August, 2008, 07:38 AM
ive got the Starview PVR (twin Tuner) and the Dreambox 600pvr, the starview box works well, it has a good tuner and the twin tuner works well. The only problem is its not Linux based and the makers of the box are not supporting it very well with updates.
I like my 600 pvr a lot my only main gripe with it is that its volume is too low for my liking so you really have to turn your tv volume up high, so when you go back to terrestrial your telly volume is blarring.