PDA

View Full Version : BMW EDC17C06 problem after tune

4nubis
4th March, 2018, 11:25 PM
Hey mates,

a friend of me wants to chip his bmw 118d with edc17c06, so he go to a tuner. The tuner reads the ecu with kess or ktag on table, he told me. After he wrote the tuned file back, the car didnt start. He told me the tuner tries 10 times write back the original via obd and over table, but car still didnt start. This was few days before. Today the tuner told him he can get his car, but without tune. And my friend reads out his car, but the are a lot of errors. One for example is 2E3B, so i think he did immo of? There are also chks errors.

Possible to repair his file?

Thanks

autoSP
5th March, 2018, 12:44 AM
post files let s see

4nubis
5th March, 2018, 12:59 AM
Have to wait when he comes to me to read out the ecu to post files.

korrni
5th March, 2018, 07:30 AM
Hey mates,

a friend of me wants to chip his bmw 118d with edc17c06, so he go to a tuner. The tuner reads the ecu with kess or ktag on table, he told me. After he wrote the tuned file back, the car didnt start. He told me the tuner tries 10 times write back the original via obd and over table, but car still didnt start. This was few days before. Today the tuner told him he can get his car, but without tune. And my friend reads out his car, but the are a lot of errors. One for example is 2E3B, so i think he did immo of? There are also chks errors.

Possible to repair his file?

Thanks

2E3B - ews anti-tampering protection. With the original file written in the ecu, did you try to match the DDE-CAS alignment using ISTA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 09:33 AM
2E3B=Signal immobilizer manipulated active
I think it's a bad tune , tool it was not ok , I think his tool don't make checksums correction, probably a China clone !

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G930F folosind Tapatalk

teamtuner
5th March, 2018, 10:33 AM
ktag china clone do the cecksum ok...i think maybe was readed and writed by obd...
if work was done ok by boot mode there are no problems like this

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 10:37 AM
ktag china clone do the cecksum ok...i think maybe was readed and writed by obd...
if work was done ok by boot mode there are no problems like thisI have a red ktag China Eu Reworked , work werry good but don't do automatic checksum corection, it happened to me at more then 10 ecu , read whrite perfect , always no problem but checksum not ok , I have corected checksums for tuned file with win ols , whrite back and car runs with no problem !

carmageddon
5th March, 2018, 10:45 AM
i have used ktag 2.08 and 2.23 on this ecu and they make checksum ok without problem

korrni
5th March, 2018, 10:48 AM
i have used ktag 2.08 and 2.23 on this ecu and they make checksum ok without problem

And if you write the original file?
Still the same errors?
Do you have ista?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamtuner
5th March, 2018, 10:55 AM
cracked winols do not corect cecksum ok for edc17...maybe your rework is not ok...
post here the original file and the mod file that not work...i think that the "tuner" use another file from another car there...will see ...

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 10:56 AM
i have used ktag 2.08 and 2.23 on this ecu and they make checksum ok without problemI tested mine on 3 edc17 cp14 vag, edc 17 cp02 BMW, edc 16 BMW and vag and if I whrite file without checksum correction car don't start or starts and pop up a lots of error , radiator fan start at full speed Audi, after corect checksum with win ols whrite and no problem anymore, first time I observe that on a BMW edc 17cp06, ecu opened , read , tuned , whrite back tuned all ok but car not start, whrite ori back no problem , car start, after that I corect checksum and tested, and all ok , till now not manage to solve this problem , I don't know what missing , I think data on sd card not ok !

carmageddon
5th March, 2018, 11:06 AM
i dont know where is your problem, for sure its the first time that i hear this...never fail with ktag and kess 2.08/2.23.

if your ecu are not gpt you can try bench job with kess tricore boot

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 11:25 AM
cracked winols do not corect cecksum ok for edc17...maybe your rework is not ok...
post here the original file and the mod file that not work...i think that the "tuner" use another file from another car there...will see ...I newer corect checksum with cracked win ols , friend of mine is licensed evc user and every time I need checksum, he make it for me with original win ols !
Now it's not so important for me , I have now original CMD and good eu kess , ktag I still have China red but I use .only if other tool not reading some ecu , ktag work perfect read whrite, but no checksum , software is ok I use 2.23 from my eu clone !

teamtuner
5th March, 2018, 11:35 AM
verry strange problems...let us know if you solved your problems in the future...but to be more clear...post original and the mod file that not work

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 11:55 AM
verry strange problems...let us know if you solved your problems in the future...but to be more clear...post original and the mod file that not workI will post file when I am at home !

carmageddon
5th March, 2018, 12:04 PM
I newer corect checksum with cracked win ols , friend of mine is licensed evc user and every time I need checksum, he make it for me with original win ols !
Now it's not so important for me , I have now original CMD and good eu kess , ktag I still have China red but I use .only if other tool not reading some ecu , ktag work perfect read whrite, but no checksum , software is ok I use 2.23 from my eu clone !

red or green china (or european clone) are not important, the very important trick is to upgrade all components for right functionality on ktag (and some kess)...and clean software managment...for what i read your eu clone are not good.
dont buy eu clone, are only clone with same routing from china and many errors to correct...if you want stability and good tool buy one clone to upgrade with right quality components...or buy genuine tool!

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 12:30 PM
red or green china (or european clone) are not important, the very important trick is to upgrade all components for right functionality on ktag (and some kess)...and clean software managment...for what i read your eu clone are not good.
dont buy eu clone, are only clone with same routing from china and many errors to correct...if you want stability and good tool buy one clone to upgrade with right quality components...or buy genuine tool!My kess eu is werry good, i have done over 20 car with it , here you have some pictures from from my tool , cmd it's original, kess v2 good eu clone tested in many car no problem , I only have problem with Ktag checksum !https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/fddf99de6ae891e2bb25d715e79a1974.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/34dc05fc1a5c9f7d8c97738997c8993a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/fa9246b642893628d14e327eef326630.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/c16dbaff4e05c454ff27b417d979a672.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/c024f4b96d90fd390f5d70e3529bfea8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/ee0140adf98467db03c1dbe3cb543370.jpg

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 12:37 PM
Ktag do always his job, it doesn't matter what software I use , read and whrite newer failed , only problem is ktag don't do automatic checksum corection, I have buy 2 ktag from obdobd2 I have upgraded both with right transistor and diodes and murata filter , only caps are still China , both of ktag don't do automatic checksum corection, one is green and one red !
Tool working good newer failed to read or whrite!

carmageddon
5th March, 2018, 12:52 PM
ther problem of checksum is in the software, not in the tool

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 01:02 PM
ther problem of checksum is in the software, not in the toolYes I know , have somebody a good k suite 2.23 internet safe to test with??

voltechcar
5th March, 2018, 01:13 PM
write to me in skype I start this car if you have tool which programing this ecu

DR Race
5th March, 2018, 01:33 PM
bikkhliuhpiiuhökjpo

4nubis
5th March, 2018, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the answers. I dont have ista, but maybe i will buy. I will post the files, when he is here. Thought maybe some one got the same problem and knows the answer.