PDA

View Full Version : TOYOTA LANDCRUISER DTC B2799

ngakson2002
5th March, 2018, 10:50 AM
Toyota Land Cruiser B2799 Communication Error Between Immobilizer ECU and Engine ECU

Hello Mate,
Please can someone help with the following problem i have here with a 2014 LandCruiser Prado V8 fitted with smart key system.

1) Dash ON
2) Steering Lock unlock
3) Engine cranks , start for FIVE seconds and Stops
4) Diagnostic DTC : B2799 Communication Errror Engine ECU , and Immobilizer ECU

Attempted solution: I short Pin 4 and 13 of the DLC for 40 minutes with the driver door open.
Result: Car stiil start for FIVE second and stops.

Please can someone with pass experience regarding this fault help me

Best regards

vladoford1
5th March, 2018, 01:59 PM
check can bus line

ngakson2002
5th March, 2018, 02:59 PM
check can bus line

Thanks mate, It then meant ID code ECU and Engine control ECU communicate by CAN bus on this Car?

best Regards

klaudio
5th March, 2018, 10:18 PM
Toyota Land Cruiser B2799 Communication Error Between Immobilizer ECU and Engine ECU

Hello Mate,
Please can someone help with the following problem i have here with a 2014 LandCruiser Prado V8 fitted with smart key system.

1) Dash ON
2) Steering Lock unlock
3) Engine cranks , start for FIVE seconds and Stops
4) Diagnostic DTC : B2799 Communication Errror Engine ECU , and Immobilizer ECU

Attempted solution: I short Pin 4 and 13 of the DLC for 40 minutes with the driver door open.
Result: Car stiil start for FIVE second and stops.

Please can someone with pass experience regarding this fault help me

Best regards

Do you have a spare key for the car? Try that first, if not remove battery from fob and place next to the push start without the battery inside fob, see if light comes on and see if it runs, is a long shot but I had a similar case, if it starts without battery on fob, your fob is faulty.

JIMMYQ
29th July, 2018, 12:40 AM
did you solve this issue i have one similar?

KBNV
29th July, 2018, 05:45 PM
The key is OK, if it cranks. Check the connection between ECU and ID CODE box (behind the heater). It is not CAN bus, it uses few wires.

Надіслано від мого MI 6, використовуючи Tapatalk