PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Wirelees Router Problem

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 10:13 AM
d Link 615 Dir Router
I need Help Please anyone.
My Laptop works at home no problems Connecting wireless.
at my Gf house it is finding her wireless router & says im connected to her in the wireless connection, Trouble is when i try to load a browser Ie or Firefox the page wont even load just flashes on then goes off. I have tried turning off my firewall & Avg but to no avail. She has another laptop there and that connects.
I cant understand why a page wont load even if it is not connected & says page not loading.
I have taken the laptop back to my house and works fine.
Please Help .

dasteph
7th November, 2009, 10:41 AM
d Link 615 Dir Router
I need Help Please anyone.
My Laptop works at home no problems Connecting wireless.
at my Gf house it is finding her wireless router & says im connected to her in the wireless connection, Trouble is when i try to load a browser Ie or Firefox the page wont even load just flashes on then goes off. I have tried turning off my firewall & Avg but to no avail. She has another laptop there and that connects.
I cant understand why a page wont load even if it is not connected & says page not loading.
I have taken the laptop back to my house and works fine.
Please Help .

if the router is using encryption you will need the pass key in order to connect to it.

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 11:04 AM
it say not secured so think it should connect,

dasteph
7th November, 2009, 11:38 AM
what o/s are you using.

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 12:01 PM
XP home with ie 8 and firefox

dasteph
7th November, 2009, 12:42 PM
i think you may have to go into control pannel and use the connect to a network set up wizard which is infact what you are attempting to do.

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 12:48 PM
So Do i have to setup a new connection?
even though it is showing connected to the signal.
will this ( Pair) the router & laptop.
All i Have done at moment is search for new connection

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 01:34 PM
If I'm finding the new W-router & its unsecured should i just be able to connect to that network?
If yes i should then thats where my problem is & its saying im connected then it will not load IE or Firefox. Just flashes up then goes off.
Thankyou for previous help aswell .

dasteph
7th November, 2009, 02:51 PM
So Do i have to setup a new connection?
even though it is showing connected to the signal.
will this ( Pair) the router & laptop.
All i Have done at moment is search for new connection

its the router that will not allow your laptop to connect with it,
try a wired connection first (ethernet cable) then set it up with that.

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 04:22 PM
I Have tried again,
i will try connecting them wired as you say first to try and get connection that way,
B4 throwing it out of the Window.:bawling:
Thankyou

dell_xps
7th November, 2009, 04:35 PM
Try TCP/IP Properties and setting it to Obtain an IP Automatically m8.
Control Panel---Network connections----Internet Protocol, highlight it, then Properties---Obtain IP Automatically.

(On your notebook m8)

flea3764
7th November, 2009, 07:32 PM
Thanx will give it a go 2Morra,
It's Raining, Wolves losing 3-0 H/Time & problem with Router
& My starview Box broke Had to get new One.

I Need A Break.

samuk87
9th November, 2009, 12:54 AM
have you tired the router setting it mite have ip filtering on. if it lets the gfs laptop log on then it would seem to me a router setting would be the problem look in the security settings of it

nano_watt
9th November, 2009, 12:21 PM
Check the network adaptor settings using ipconfig in a dos box, see if you are getting the IP address from the router if not then check the router for security.
Make sure also that that the TCPIP setting for the adaptor has the gateway settings clear of any Ip address. Some times you may be connected but if the gateway has a setting then you will not be able to connect to the internet.

jasbo7
9th November, 2009, 12:47 PM
Check the network adaptor settings using ipconfig in a dos box, see if you are getting the IP address from the router if not then check the router for security.
Make sure also that that the TCPIP setting for the adaptor has the gateway settings clear of any Ip address. Some times you may be connected but if the gateway has a setting then you will not be able to connect to the internet.

could you tell me how to to this ( pc numpty here ) i might have same probs as in.... xp reload thread

dell_xps
9th November, 2009, 01:36 PM
start---run---cmd---ipconfig/all