PDA

View Full Version : Switches in EDC15P

nps1994
9th March, 2018, 11:15 AM
Hello guys,

for the past few months i have been working heavily on learning a lot about EDC15P's and dieseltuning in general. I am very grateful for this forum, the guides, and the numerous video's og youtube. All those have taught me a lot, and i am very satisfied with the outcome already. However i have come to something like a dead end now. The car i am working on is a 1.2 TDI Lupo 3L, and the plans are to fit an GT1749VA charger and PD150ARL injectors. At the same time i want to completely remove the EGR system with cooler, and use the EGR cooling pipes for a liquid cooled intercooler (To further aid high EGT). And here's the problem; i cant find the bloody EGR switch (cowFUN_ARF) to disable it. I have searched hours and hours on the forum, but no hit.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Ideally would be a damos for any EDC15P ecu so i can compare with my file. I have tried the A4 1.9 TDI damos from in here, but since it is a VP i am not so sure i can rely too much on it.
Your help would be highly appreciated.

My file is attached if someone might need it.

Thanks in advance, and best regards from Denmark.

nps1994
9th March, 2018, 11:18 AM
Sorry, file is now attached.

marsbar
9th March, 2018, 12:31 PM
Files attached with map addresses screenshotted too. Hope that helps :)

nps1994
9th March, 2018, 12:57 PM
Hello marsbar, thx for the reply, unfortynately i'm not looking for the EGR map (Know where that one is) but for a 0/1 bit switch which deactivates EGR (cowFUN_AGR).

alonedark
9th March, 2018, 01:20 PM
trolls trolls trolls

marsbar
9th March, 2018, 01:30 PM
Hello marsbar, thx for the reply, unfortynately i'm not looking for the EGR map (Know where that one is) but for a 0/1 bit switch which deactivates EGR (cowFUN_AGR).

Ahh sorry my bad! I think this is different in your ECU.

Vasily.U
9th March, 2018, 01:56 PM
I think one of 01 in this area is what you need

nps1994
9th March, 2018, 10:15 PM
Hi Vasily! Thanks for your answer. Yes it must be somewhere in that area. I am quite sure that 71D28 is the MAF, EGR & ASV switch. But how can i get any closer? Is it just trial and error from here on? A EDC15P damos would really help now i must say.

Vasily.U
9th March, 2018, 10:44 PM
Absolutely accurate 71C3C-cowBEG_BOO and 71C3D-cowBEG_P_L. cowFUN_ARF is after them. There are not many options left...
I have EDC15P+ damos only for 1.9 AVB engine

fzhut
10th March, 2018, 03:55 PM
EGR cooler pipes to cool IC. I wonder if You know how big temperatures are there. You want to heat or cool IC ?

Vasily.U
10th March, 2018, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure 100% but looks like truth.

nps1994
10th March, 2018, 08:19 PM
Okay, so this is really getting close, thanks to the help of Vasily. Making a really good progress.

To fzhut: This is actually an idea i had from a bigger system. On ship engines we say - as a rule of thumb - 1 degree in the intake equals to roughly 10 degrees in the exhaust. So to aid high EGT's, it is very effective to reduce IAT's.
And since a water cooled IC is roughly 30% more effective, i really like to go that way. I might however have to change the thermostat for that circle, but in my opinion worth a try. Also, - as i can see it - the amount of IC piping would be reduced drastically, - which in turn hopefully could reduce piping losses and maybe also add to the responsiveness of the engine. This is all an idea i had, a good one in my head - but if you disagree i would really like to hear your professional opinion on it.

Thanks again to Vasily!!!!