PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Module Crash Data Reset Services. how do they make money now ?

borshch
9th March, 2018, 05:24 PM
I was looking on ebay and internet for airbag reset services and prices gone down so much from few years ago.
I remember when copmanies charged around $100, now some charge less than $50.

how in the world people make money in that business when tachosoft charges around $35 to clear a code from bin file, and all these programmers and software are so expensive ?

FxShaw
9th March, 2018, 11:35 PM
Too man competition now that is why...one fool will put lower price than the other and then then a next fool with put lower and soon it will be done for $20, I have seen reset for $35 :puke:

What some of them don't realize is that one you go lower in price then you can never go back up. you end up screwing yr self.

borshch
10th March, 2018, 02:11 AM
Too man competition now that is why...one fool will put lower price than the other and then then a next fool with put lower and soon it will be done for $20, I have seen reset for $35 :puke:

What some of them don't realize is that one you go lower in price then you can never go back up. you end up screwing yr self.

Sad. This sucks

borshch
17th April, 2018, 01:19 PM
Seems like this only happened in USA, in Europe Australia repair prices for these airbag units repairs still like before, but here in USA dropped very crazy

speedy100
17th April, 2018, 02:08 PM
Seems like this only happened in USA, in Europe Australia repair prices for these airbag units repairs still like before, but here in USA dropped very crazy

Same thing here in Europe. Specially in Greece were i am. All these electricians, kids that are mixing video games with serious work in their empty heads found a way to make a quick buck and f...up the market. Good thing is that they appear and disappear very fast as they make so many mistakes that customers are after them for damages... The thing is that prices have dropped very much that is impossible to work with new original tools anymore as they keep inflating prices instead of adapting to the situation... They just help the Chinese get richer....

Antondee
17th April, 2018, 02:10 PM
In Russia, the prices for these works from $ 15 for old cars to $ 100 for new expensive cars. It all depends on the car, but it's still profitable.

borshch
18th April, 2018, 11:47 AM
Same thing here in Europe. Specially in Greece were i am. All these electricians, kids that are mixing video games with serious work in their empty heads found a way to make a quick buck and f...up the market. Good thing is that they appear and disappear very fast as they make so many mistakes that customers are after them for damages... The thing is that prices have dropped very much that is impossible to work with new original tools anymore as they keep inflating prices instead of adapting to the situation... They just help the Chinese get richer....

By mistakes you mean they screw up while trying to repair or the rest is bad that in doesn’t work in the accident after ?

speedy100
18th April, 2018, 12:23 PM
Airbags blow up accidentally or do not blow at all while in an accident... and all other kinds of electrical and electronics troubles...

hexguru
18th April, 2018, 12:53 PM
how in the world people make money in that business when tachosoft charges around $35 to clear a code from bin file, and all these programmers and software are so expensive ?

Chinese clones of programmers+free help on forums = low price recipe

slick_dick
18th April, 2018, 01:31 PM
same in uk .. too many fools working on a commercial basis

minimum reset £30 most expensive still topping £100+

ps dont listen to the hype!!!

zckariya70
18th April, 2018, 02:23 PM
Most of them r asking for the free service and they charging lower price all over the world. so the business will not be stable in all the places they need coustmers so they r charging very low cost.

speedy100
18th April, 2018, 08:29 PM
By mistakes you mean they screw up while trying to repair or the rest is bad that in doesn’t work in the accident after ?

Airbags blow up accidentally or do not blow at all while in an accident... and all other kinds of electrical and electronics troubles...

borshch
18th April, 2018, 08:53 PM

Wow. Seriously ? How can that happen by bad dump clear ?

speedy100
18th April, 2018, 09:05 PM
Wow. Seriously ? How can that happen by bad dump clear ?

Not just by bad dumps. Bad soldering and mistakes in general...
Car electronics are not for electricians and video gamers!!!

borshch
18th April, 2018, 09:10 PM
Not just by bad dumps. Bad soldering and mistakes in general...
Car electronics are not for electricians and video gamers!!!
I saw similar once on honda civic, was working on customer's honda civic when he got 2nd time in accident, seatbelts or airbags didnt deploy but I thought its because he wasnt wearing seatbelt and accident was minor airbag module needed clearing I opened it up it looked obvious that someone was inside before and the tiny 95640 eeprom had 2 pin shorted!!

kampot
29th June, 2018, 06:00 AM
Some big legit companies even lowered their prices because of the ebay ameteurs

borshch
1st February, 2019, 06:49 PM
sad, sad, sad... while normal technicians charge $60-$100 for clearing crash, there are people like these messing it up for all of us:

kampot
2nd February, 2019, 12:58 AM
sad, sad, sad... while normal technicians charge $60-$100 for clearing crash, there are people like these messing it up for all of us:

unbelievable.
people like those shouldn't be in this industry and shouldn't be helped on forums!

kampot
2nd February, 2019, 07:08 PM
Here's even worse one: $28.98!!!!!!!!
Unbelievable!!!!!

While good people charge $69-$99

ReverseFlash
3rd February, 2019, 04:16 AM
In Canada I charge $120 if the module is outside of the car. $180 to $250 if its in the car. We also have fools here, but I won't lower my prices.