PDA

View Full Version : RE dm7025 problem

icaicm
7th November, 2009, 04:38 PM
hello to all

its been a long time since i have posted and i would be very grateful if anyone could help me.

my dm7025 yesterday decided to play up. it powers up but the LCD display is blank and all you see id the LCD back light on which no display at all ie clocks or channels deiplay. i have open it and have a look all seems ok. even when you try to swich the box off at the back on the power switch itd gose off but the LCD display takes about 5 to 10 sec to completely goes off. and when you power up you hear a slight buzz on the power supply side the LCD back lighs comes on and its blank. and the box will not boot up. been reading and notice that they have poor power supply and wandering if anyone else have had this problem. i am thinking it could be the PSU is knackered and was wandering where can i purchase one.

any help welcome.

thanking you

icaicm

zaf786
7th November, 2009, 06:07 PM
hello to all

its been a long time since i have posted and i would be very grateful if anyone could help me.

my dm7025 yesterday decided to play up. it powers up but the LCD display is blank and all you see id the LCD back light on which no display at all ie clocks or channels deiplay. i have open it and have a look all seems ok. even when you try to swich the box off at the back on the power switch itd gose off but the LCD display takes about 5 to 10 sec to completely goes off. and when you power up you hear a slight buzz on the power supply side the LCD back lighs comes on and its blank. and the box will not boot up. been reading and notice that they have poor power supply and wandering if anyone else have had this problem. i am thinking it could be the PSU is knackered and was wandering where can i purchase one.

any help welcome.

thanking you

icaicm+
Hi icaicm i had this problem i searched the net for about 3 months to find some one who does psu for dreambox 7025 i found someone in germany finally and i just checked they still doing it try here
hm-sat gmbh

MikeTV
14th November, 2009, 04:17 PM
hello to all

any help welcome.

thanking you

icaicm

Hiya mate,
Exactly the same problem, although when i switch on/off, the backlight comes on / goes off immeditely.
The annoying thing is, this only started happening after i sent the box to Dream for the PSU to be replaced.
So i know what you're going to say, send it back. But, i can't be arsed to be without the box for another month as it is working ok apart from this.
Dream actually sent out a replacement lcd display unit, but it has the same problem, so i know it can't be this.
Interestingly, when they replaced the PSU, they seemed to have snipped one of the wires on the connector block (no.2 i think), and soldered it directly onto the psu board, but 2 pins along).
I'm assuming therefore that the new psu somehow differs from the old one ??
If anyone, thinks they may know what the problem is, i.e psu, or main board, then please let us know.
I guess if it's the psu, this could be an easy fix and we could attempt this ourselves.
Many thanks, M.

zaf786
17th November, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hiya mate,
Exactly the same problem, although when i switch on/off, the backlight comes on / goes off immeditely.
The annoying thing is, this only started happening after i sent the box to Dream for the PSU to be replaced.
So i know what you're going to say, send it back. But, i can't be arsed to be without the box for another month as it is working ok apart from this.
Dream actually sent out a replacement lcd display unit, but it has the same problem, so i know it can't be this.
Interestingly, when they replaced the PSU, they seemed to have snipped one of the wires on the connector block (no.2 i think), and soldered it directly onto the psu board, but 2 pins along).
I'm assuming therefore that the new psu somehow differs from the old one ??
If anyone, thinks they may know what the problem is, i.e psu, or main board, then please let us know.
I guess if it's the psu, this could be an easy fix and we could attempt this ourselves.
Many thanks, M.
Hi i contacted dmm when my box went they asked me to send the box back they will put a new psu which is used on dreambox 7025+ differs from original 7025 they need to modify it sligtly i did not bother sending my box to them instead bought a power supply for 7025 and replaced it working great

haloo
2nd December, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hello,
last February I had same problem in my 7025.
One morning it start making "buzzz" sound and after I
switch it of and on from main power, it doesn't start anymore.
I look for new PSU but none of the vendors have that in stock.
So I contact to DM and they ask me to send my 7025 to them
and they will fixit for me wit 7025+ PSU. But I didn't think that
sending the box to DM is good idea (scare of postal damages...)
So I decided to check the power by my self. I found some faulty capacitors
which is typical problem in PSU's which runs hot, like original 7025 PSU does.
I decided to change all the electrolytic capacitors in my PSU. I bought low ESR capacitors,
can use basic ones too, but look that they are at least rated for Maximum Temperature: +105?C.
They cost me 15?.

Below is the list and the placement of the capacitors.
Te list of for my PSU, so please check your's rev. before buying any capacitors.
I didn't mark in the the 150?F 400V pace, I think you see anyway where it belongs...
Check the capacitors polarity before soldering.

The list is for PSU model: PFI0776-B01 Rev: 0.2

3 pcs of 3300?F 6.3V
2 pcs of 2200?F 6.3V
1 pcs of 2200?F 16V
2 pcs of 1000?F 6.3V
1 pcs of 1000?F 16V
1 pcs of 220?F 25V
1 pcs of 150?F 400V
3 pcs of 100?F 25V
2 pcs of 47?F 25V
2 pcs of 10?F 50V

C2 100?F 25V