PDA

View Full Version : Smart Fourfor, 454, 2005. No start after battery replaced

Steve1953
10th March, 2018, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone,

This car had been left standing for a long time and its battery had died, vehicle was recovered to the garage they attached a jump pack and it started ok so they ordered a new replacement battery. After the new battery was installed it refused to start, remote didn't work and the key symbol light was on, they called a lock smith out and he managed to get the remote lock/unlocking working again but said the vehicle has got an electrical problem somewhere, it cranks over but doesn't start.
Ive had a look at it with Star and got fault codes in Drive=P0513 Drive authorisation c/s and Sam=B1731=Immobiliser Comms Fault and B1726=Immobiliser Counter Overrun c/s, I've gone through the key programming using the smart calculator and it said successful but still no luck, the key symbol stays on in the dash and the fault codes return, customer only has the 1 key for the car tho, locking/unlocking is still working from the remote and the engine turns over but no start, also when the remote is pressed i get 9(i think its 9) flashes from the hazards.
Any Help appreciated.