PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PSG16 reset/programming

Tawe
11th March, 2018, 03:19 PM
Hi. I need to swap used PSG16 pump to a Vectra C.

1. I have pin code from the car (original pump)

2. I read pin from new (used) pump with CarProg clone

3. I reset ecu/pump with CarProg

3. I cannot program new pump with OpCom (CIM>New ECM installed option) bacause of the security wait time in PSG16

4. In measuring blocks in ECU shows: Security wait time: 21:20:00, but is stuck, won't decrease.

5. I have dtc in ecu: P1610 - Immobiliser function not programmed, which as I read means that PSG16 is resetted.

6. When I try to reset again ecu with OpCom, I have incorrect pin code entered (with both old and new pin codes)

Any opinion?

EDIT: I've attached two dumps, 1st read with carprog, 2nd resetted with carprog

xyznia
12th March, 2018, 09:20 PM
i think you have psg16 from k-line car like zafira,now you can't program new pin because pump ecu is programmed to get immo data via w-line and do not accept info from can bus. now if you have op-com and when connecting with pump you have warning message about incorrect software id i'm 100% sure this probem

janusz21
12th March, 2018, 09:30 PM
3. I reset ecu/pump with CarProg
mayby carprog bad reset ,today I have resetted pump with vectra c carprog read pin opcom reset ecu reset ok ,program OpCom CIM>New ECM installed option ok

xyznia
12th March, 2018, 09:48 PM
when reset is done with carprog in pin code window you will see FFFF

janusz21
12th March, 2018, 10:14 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/579236-Opel-Vectra-C-punp-eep-corrupted
carprog read pin ok, reset pump maybe corrupted ,tuday reset pump opcom and programing ok

Pyromaniak
12th March, 2018, 10:16 PM
you must have ignition for this time on... time not decrease, if you ignition off and than on time is same(reset) time is longer, when bad try increase.

janusz21
12th March, 2018, 10:24 PM
show block immo psg16

janusz21
12th March, 2018, 10:26 PM
if reset ok immo function programmed -NO

musta2007
13th March, 2018, 10:44 AM
can you send me file bin of psg16 for pin code

musta2007
13th March, 2018, 10:45 AM
also if you have fvdi or mpps v18 you can do it

Tawe
13th March, 2018, 04:36 PM
i think you have psg16 from k-line car like zafira,now you can't program new pin because pump ecu is programmed to get immo data via w-line and do not accept info from can bus. now if you have op-com and when connecting with pump you have warning message about incorrect software id i'm 100% sure this probem
One pump is with P/N: 0470504202
Another pump is with P/N: 0470504215

when reset is done with carprog in pin code window you will see FFFF
Yes, after reset with CarProg, in place of the pin I see FFFF

you must have ignition for this time on... time not decrease, if you ignition off and than on time is same(reset) time is longer, when bad try increase.
I've waited with ignition on around 25 hours.

show block immo psg16
Blocks:
- Immobiliser Function Programmed - Yes
- Security Wait Time - 21:20:00
- Free Start Mode: Inactive
- Transport Mode: Inactive

can you send me file bin of psg16 for pin code
I don't have dump read with MPPS or similar, just partial eeprom dump read with carprog on the bench :)

Anyway, for now job is paused, probably corrupted eeprom dump from resetting with CarProg, I thought to write virgin MPC/Eeprom found here on DK, via BDM mode, and than to program the pump with OpCom, but customer for now don't wanted to open this pump, so.. :)