PDA

View Full Version : Missing Channels

skimo
19th August, 2008, 06:04 PM
I set up my Eurovox EX 5000 yesterday and followed the setup procedure and everything went ok.
I had about 230 tv channels including Sky Sports1 and UKTV Gold.
When I tried the unit tonight about 20 or so channels including sky sports 1 are now scrambled with no picture.
I did a powerscan and now those channels have disappeared, sky sports 1, uktv gold to name but a few ( i have uktv gold +1 tho?)
If anyone could assist in fixing this problem I would be very grateful.
Cheers.

djhaynes
19th August, 2008, 06:16 PM
im having the same kind of probs i cant get skysports1 or 3 dunno if its summet vm has done today but it looks like it

skimo
19th August, 2008, 06:22 PM
Maybe thats the problem them.
Im in the NW of England area (Liverpool)
Where abouts are you?
Do you think it is regional?

hal
19th August, 2008, 06:41 PM
same here mate from liverpool, come in today from work and got scrambled channels... got box friday.. been working fine until today..

<--hal added 18 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...-->

Try a power scan mate all my channels are working now... :)

skimo
19th August, 2008, 06:50 PM
yeah ive just rescanned mine and all the channels are back.
Sound.

denzilsmith
19th August, 2008, 06:53 PM
same here west midlands doing power scan now

mentalmum
30th September, 2008, 09:01 PM
re your question we have lost all the discover channels, have everything else though, we have rescanned about 4x but still cant get them..any advice??

franni
21st February, 2009, 02:03 PM
yeah ive just rescanned mine and all the channels are back.
Sound.
hoh to fix
dbox missing channel

anil018
22nd February, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm having the same prob - i have the 1000sl box and everythings been fine for months but last week the picture quality went very pixelated so I decided to rescan for channels - and since then i've lost all sport channels, news channels and all my movie channels are very bad quality. I've even scanned without the splitter and same prob. Does anyone know whats wrong? Strange thing is that with the cable plugged into the original V* box the news channels work fine.... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

jckw
22nd February, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'm having the same prob - i have the 1000sl box and everythings been fine for months but last week the picture quality went very pixelated so I decided to rescan for channels - and since then i've lost all sport channels, news channels and all my movie channels are very bad quality. I've even scanned without the splitter and same prob. Does anyone know whats wrong? Strange thing is that with the cable plugged into the original V* box the news channels work fine.... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks do a factory reset then rescan should be fine after that

anil018
22nd February, 2009, 03:40 PM
OK I have re-flashed the box and done a factory reset and a deep scan without splitter - but still i only get a few channels and when i watch them they are very pixelated and very bad quality. I don't understand what could be wring - this problem started last sunday but before this everything was fine. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated......

:party:

jckw
22nd February, 2009, 04:02 PM
OK I have re-flashed the box and done a factory reset and a deep scan without splitter - but still i only get a few channels and when i watch them they are very pixelated and very bad quality. I don't understand what could be wring - this problem started last sunday but before this everything was fine. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated......

:party:
do you pay a min sub m8

sickmick
22nd February, 2009, 04:33 PM
why would that effect pic quality mates got the same prob but my eurovox blue is all good hes got red thats not the prob is it

anil018
22nd February, 2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah I do pay min sub - but I had the eurovox 1000sl box since september last yr and its been fine. Its only this last week i've been having these probs. Do u think that they might be doing some work in the area to the network and hence the problems? I'm sure its not the box bec had no problems upto now and its only a few months old. Plus also some days the picture gets slightly better with less interference but today the picture is really bad. I don't know what else to try!!!!!

jckw
22nd February, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah I do pay min sub - but I had the eurovox 1000sl box since september last yr and its been fine. Its only this last week i've been having these probs. Do u think that they might be doing some work in the area to the network and hence the problems? I'm sure its not the box bec had no problems upto now and its only a few months old. Plus also some days the picture gets slightly better with less interference but today the picture is really bad. I don't know what else to try!!!!!might be mate but does ur own vm box have problems

anil018
22nd February, 2009, 04:59 PM
the original VM box works fine - for example news24 is perfect on the original box but hardly works on my eurovox - very very pixalated and pic keeps going off with the message bad signal.

I've reflashed the box twice now with latest firmware so can't be the software. Its driving me crazy!!!!

anil018
23rd February, 2009, 12:31 AM
box still the same - anyone else having the same problem in the Manchester area?? Any ideas please?!?!?