PDA

View Full Version : Dbox2 Caller ID - plugin

magic_mat
19th August, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hi guys,

I saw agesss ago on a german forum a plugin for the dbox2 which displayed caller ID or just the phone number of the person phoning your house. You had to conect a phone lead into the modem.

Anyone know where I can get this plugin from?

Regards

Matthew

Devilfish
20th August, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Matthew, I've uploaded what I think you're looking for her...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kiwifone Telephone plugin for Dbox2 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=311)

Read the Readme.txt file for installation instructions.

magic_mat
20th August, 2008, 12:54 PM
hmmmm Ill give it a go, but it I DONT want to make calls. I want it to display the number / Caller ID of who is phoning ME.

If that makes sense.

Thanks

Devilfish
20th August, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yeh I know what you're saying...I think I remember that...I'll see what I can find.

bobsylas
20th August, 2008, 02:30 PM
The last I heard speedy2206 & someone else were working on a plugin for this but as far as I know it did'nt get finished

MetMan
20th August, 2008, 04:45 PM
The last I heard speedy2206 & someone else were working on a plugin for this but as far as I know it did'nt get finished

typical of LC....lol

Devilfish
20th August, 2008, 04:50 PM
typical of LC....lol

I think that's a little unfair. It's not as if he got paid to do the mods and then didn't deliver.

MetMan
20th August, 2008, 04:58 PM
I think that's a little unfair. It's not as if he got paid to do the mods and then didn't deliver.

didn't mean it to sound unfair, it was just something he got tarnished with and it just struck me as funny...never really believed it myself
With the oxygen image and ide support i always regarded him as a pioneer of dbox development...actually when his box went down about 3 yrs ago i sent him one FOC because of all his developing work and as i had been using his imgs.......i've always given him the highest respect and my comment was a joke...probably bad taste though....sorry.

assuming it is the same guy i'm thinkin' of...

Devilfish
20th August, 2008, 05:02 PM
I knew you didn't really mean it like that m8 but others might have thought you did.

magic_mat
20th August, 2008, 05:51 PM
hahah well im not getting involed in this debate, however, if you could find me that plugin or similar it would be very apreciated. :)

Thanks

Devilfish
22nd August, 2008, 07:30 PM
I asked PT-1 if something like this does exist (if anyone will know, he will) and this is what he said...

hi Mate,
there really is no plugin needed as the call itself can be displayed via a http command as a message on the screen but the command itself would need to come from an external source. I use my german Fritz!Box to do this.

Barf from the Tuxbox forum was trying to play around with the dbox modem but he was not able to answer a call. Not sure if the Modem supports CLID but there is a discussion going on at present about getting Kermit compiled for the Dbox.

dbox2 / linux Thema anzeigen - DBox 2 RS232 (http://tuxbox-forum.dreambox-fan.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48131&hilit=kermit)

Hope it helps.

maxmax
24th October, 2008, 07:54 PM
so this kiwifone works??:cheer: