PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Try to get SKC from Golf mk5 ECU Dump (EDC16U1)

mikkmurr
14th March, 2018, 07:47 AM
Hi

I Have been tryining to get SKC about few weeks now, try differend softwares, try to look it from hex code etc, now i give up.. and ask help from you guys.

Whole story short;

VW Golf Mk5 2005, orginally with VISTEON dash (half MFA) and i bought full MFA+ display dash wich is VDO.
I have no orginal SKC from the car or neither the VDO one...

Tools that i had, VCDS, vag tacho (useless in this case), MPPS (and various different edc15/16 calculators that dont work with full ecu dump 1024kb)

First i changed the orginal ecu to the chipped 145hp/320nm and immo-off'ed = no problems with immo with orginal Visteon dash, no error codes etc.

BUT when i change the VDO dash to the car, it shows immo is on dash, starts and runs but mfa+ is useless because the immo shows all the time.

I tought that my options are adapt the new ecu to the orginal immo system(visteon dash on) (need SKC from orginal ecu file) and then read somehow SKC from VDO cluster, throw vissteon dash away and adapt VDO dash to the system.

Or get the SKC from VISTEON or ECU, swap the VDO dash in, get the used VDO dash SKC somehow and adapt it.

OR virginise the VDO dash (how?), get the orginal SKC from old ECU/Visteon, put orginal ECU back and adapt VDO dash with VCDS (if it virgin i can do it, i belive..)

i Cant get the eeeprom dump from the Visteon dash but i attach the orginal edc16u1 dump here AND the dump from that tuned edc16 ecu (this is immo off)

Can somebody help me some how?

exe123
14th March, 2018, 07:51 AM
Your dumps are useless. The login is not stored in the flash! You need to read the eeprom (95320) from the ECU or from the Visteon dash (95160)

mikkmurr
14th March, 2018, 12:38 PM
Can i read that ecu eeprom via obd with clone mpps v18, or what tools i need. As i have read the Visteon dash is pain in the ass to get that skc.
I m noobie so sorry about dumb guestions.

All of this Only for "better" dash / to upgrade my car..

Or is it easyer to somehow virginize / immo-off (so no immo error in mfa display) from that VDO dash ?
Because i have now ecu with immo off = no immo errors in visteon dash

exe123
14th March, 2018, 12:42 PM
None of the tuning tools will read edc16 eeprom via OBD.
Pay somebody for the dash swap. Investing in the tools to read EDC16 via OBD + tools for the VDO dashs are not cheap

mikkmurr
14th March, 2018, 05:29 PM
Is there way to virginize VDO tacho or do the immo off?
Or some how sync orginal keys and this used tacho?
I dont have immo anyway so it dosnt matter, only thing what is bothering me is that SAFE / Immo on txt on VDO when i plug it on (ie the whole screen is useless because it dosnt show anything else than that message, if key is run position, if not it shows door open etc correct).

Edit;
Info this "new" used dash.

And btw, nobody in here where i live does this kind of modifications etc, so its really hard to find someone to make it for me...thats why it is only option to succeed myself.
I allready change normal steering wheel to MFSW, add cruise etc.

exe123
14th March, 2018, 05:51 PM
Not by dump, OBD job. So no cheap way here

mikkmurr
16th March, 2018, 10:55 AM
So what tools i need the job done?
I was suprised that Vag K+Can clone readed visteon dash pin ok but cant read that vdo dash, it is gwtting the basic info but dosnt reed eeprom etx

exe123
16th March, 2018, 12:06 PM
Your new VDO dash is after 2006 so you need more expensive tools for it.
VVDI, Smok, AVDI, FVDI...
You need to reconstruct immodata from Visteon dump and your ECU. Otherwise leave it immo off and make new keys for the new dash. In that case you need new transponders.

I recommend you send your new VDO dash to a locksmith and let him make 2 news keys and write your VIN into it.
Much much cheaper.