PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 800 HD Clone Hard Drive Question

SGTFlipFlop
8th November, 2009, 04:06 AM
Dreambox 800HD (Clone)
NabiloSat Blackhole v12 (Patched)

I bought myself a eSata/USB Caddy for my machine hooked it all up using the eSata connection, Everything connects fine hard drive records but what i notice is when i go back to my computer my home network is very very slow cannot open webpages and when i turn the Hard Drive off my network connection goes back to normal.

This has been frustrating me for nearly a month now and i cant seem to figure it out, Has anyone else had this problem, If so how was it cured?

All help is appriciated

Thanks for reading

Tyger
17th November, 2009, 01:51 AM
I am unsure whether this may help, but is the drive shared over the network? If the network can access the drive, rather than just via the dreambox's ip, this might slow your network down if the drive is being used by a PC, even for such a simple task checking for changes. A bit of a stab in the dark I am afraid, but as you had no other replies :-)

billybob69
21st February, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi,
I've just got my DM800HD (clone version) and have opened it up to fit a 2.5 IDE hard drive off my old DM600.
Am I right in thinking that a IDE HDD won't work on a DM800HD?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

andiewill
21st February, 2011, 11:29 PM
SATA

* for use either as internal SATA HDD 2,5?
* or to use for extern eSATA

This is stated on the dm800 stats page.

bhoy100
12th March, 2011, 06:29 PM

SGTFlipFlop
12th March, 2011, 06:32 PM
I've fitted a HDD internally but I can't find where the 4 pin power connector can go, there doesn't appear to be anywhere for it to connect to, without this the HDD is not recognized, Suppose I could connect it via USB if all else fails...

White connector next to the tuner up top

http://dreambox.org.ua/files/dm800/inside.jpg