PDA

View Full Version : Clio ECU Airbag Fault Help

ybgurrugby
8th November, 2009, 02:15 PM
I bought my clio at an auction and the airbag light has been on for a while now so i decided to download some software (DDT2000) and buy a KKL lead so i could run some diagnostics.

There were 6 airbag faults that the program could not clear. I think the car may have been crashed and repaired so i sent the airbag ECU to be reset.

There is now only 1 fault when i scan it. The program displays them in french and the fault reads Airbag - AB82E_X65ph2 PPBoucle avant conducteur. Translated using google the fault is Driver Airbag Loop (Open).

Does anybody know a possible cause. Could it be the connections under the seat. I have disconnected and reconnected them and it has not helped. I soldered the passenger side wires. Should i do the same with the driver side?

lupu_sandu
8th November, 2009, 03:52 PM
Driver airbag it means the airbag from steering wheel.
You need to dismount airbag from steering-wheel and look at connector.

synkrotronic
8th November, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hi,you have two connectors,one before steering wheel and other after directly on airbag.
Could be this piece(dont know english technical name ) interrupted or bad contact.

Regards

hmc
8th November, 2009, 04:36 PM
high resistance between connections. check with multimeter on ohms test after continuity check,use crocodile clips from one end to the other ,the reading should be no higher than 3ohms if its jumping up& going in to higher readings irratticly the wiring wants changing .thats high resistance high resistance

MEH
8th November, 2009, 07:07 PM
I bought my clio at an auction and the airbag light has been on for a while now so i decided to download some software (DDT2000) and buy a KKL lead so i could run some diagnostics.

There were 6 airbag faults that the program could not clear. I think the car may have been crashed and repaired so i sent the airbag ECU to be reset.

There is now only 1 fault when i scan it. The program displays them in french and the fault reads Airbag - AB82E_X65ph2 PPBoucle avant conducteur. Translated using google the fault is Driver Airbag Loop (Open).

Does anybody know a possible cause. Could it be the connections under the seat. I have disconnected and reconnected them and it has not helped. I soldered the passenger side wires. Should i do the same with the driver side?

sorry my friend for my english language

but it's sure your problem is:

the connections under driver's seat

OR

the belt's clip near the brake's hand is out of order cause when there is a crash the pretensionneur not work(just one time)

MEH
8th November, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hi,you have two connectors,one before steering wheel and other after directly on airbag.
Could be this piece(dont know english technical name ) interrupted or bad contact.

Regards

sorry my friend but it's not this piece

if it was this piece he read on the clip "airbag frontal conducteur circuit 1 et 2"

MEH
8th November, 2009, 07:23 PM

can you write the exact message with the clip pleaz.
and when you disconnect and reconnect(ignition on) do it and push the connectors with your 2 hands during ten seconds aproximately and in same time see on the dashboard

try this

i do it in a clio 2 this morning

ybgurrugby
8th November, 2009, 10:29 PM
The message using DDT200 is

<LI class=tdmecu>Airbag - AB82E_X65ph2 (file:///C:/Users/Daniel/Desktop/Failures%202009-11-07T20-07.htm#IDA5KWCE) Failures detected

PPBoucle avant conducteur (file:///C:/Users/Daniel/Desktop/Failures%202009-11-07T20-07.htm#IDAVKIBE)
I do not use clip so i dont know if that makes a difference to the error reading